Khadas is committed to nurturing an open source community of mutual help and sharing. It is with this spirit in mind, that we want to give back to all the participants who have contributed to our community, by organizing the first-ever “Khadas Community Competition”.
The purpose of holding this competition is to first allow those who have already contributed a chance to participate and win generous prizes, and secondly to encourage more people to share their own experience and code, and make progress together with the Khadas Open Source Community.
Participants must use at least one Khadas SBC or Khadas Audio Product as the core of their project, supplemented by Khadas accessories (or their own customised accessories). There are no restrictions on the content nor limits on creativity.
- Software design (application design, system migration, library migration, etc.)
- Modular design (design a module that can extend the functionality of Khadas products)
- Audio design (design new products with the Tone2 Pro or Tone Board as the core)
- DIY design (heat sink design, external cases, mechanical design, etc.)
N.B. Participants can choose a single category or assign their project to multiple categories.
There are no restrictions on the type of participant. Whether you are a DIY enthusiast, developer, entrepreneurial team, student, community enthusiast, etc. As long as you have the will, you can sign up for this event. Participants can participate individually, or form a team to participate as a group.
1st December 2021 to 10th February 2022
Interested participants must register at https://www.khadas.com/registration-comm-compete, and Khadas Team will reply to your registration email within 5 working days.
If you need to request for free samples and accessories. Please input your request at https://www.khadas.com/request-product-samples, and Khadas Team will reply to your request email within 5 working days.
11th February 2022 to 10th May 2022
During the entire development period, if you have any technical questions, please login to https://forum.khadas.com/c/technical-support or send an email to email@example.com. Our Technical Team will respond promptly and provide you with technical support.
Participants must first create a forum-post over at forum.khadas.com, then upload their own content, demo videos or pictures into this post. You may post into any category you like, e.g. Tone, VIM3, etc. You can give your post any title that you wish.
Next, add a link (URL) to your post inside the body of an email, and write an email with the subject of “Khadas Community Contest Submission”. Send this email to the firstname.lastname@example.org, so that our staff can collate it into our list of submissions.
During the development period, participants are encouraged to share their experience, creative process, and interact with forum users in forum.khadas.com.
11th May 2022 to 30th May 2022
11th May 2022 to 25th May 2022
1st June 2022 to 10th June 2022
Both Khadas Staff and active community users will be allowed to assign a score to your project, in accordance with the evaluation criteria. Your final score will then be calculated with a weightage ratio of 70% (Khadas Staff) and 30% (Khadas Community).
The list of winners and popularity awards will be announced in forum.khadas.com. If you have any objection, you can send feedback to us at email@example.com, and our staff will reply to your email within 5 working days.
- **Gold Award (x1): **10,000 USD cash
- **Silver Award (x1): **2,000 USD cash, 3,000 USD coupon
- **Bronze Award (x1): **1,000 USD cash, 1,000 USD coupon
- **Excellence Awards (x5): **500 USD coupon
- **Best Popularity Award (x1): **2,000 USD coupon
All winners will be contacted within one week after the announcement, and all cash and coupons will be given out within 15 days.
If you are an entrepreneurial or OEM team, we can provide opportunities for publicity and cooperation.
The judges of this competition will evaluate the following 4 aspects, each of which will embody a certain number of points:
- Difficulty (0 ~ 40 points): the difficulty of a single technique
- Complexity (0 ~ 30 points): the amount of technology combined with the work as a whole
- Application (0 ~ 15 points): how useful is the device or project to society and end users
- Fun (0 ~ 15 points): is the project entertaining or funny
Points from the 4 aspects are added together to form the standard score.
These 3 aspects of your project will be awarded with bonus points.
- Open source (0 ~ 20 points): does the project use open source code
- Artificial intelligence (0 ~ 10 points): does the project involve the use of neural networks
- 3D printing (0 ~ 10 points): does the project involve the use of 3d printers
If the contestant feels that his project involves an exceptionally special or difficult technique, he can mention it in the email when the contest-entry is submitted, and points will be given as appropriate during the review.
The standard points and bonus points are added together to form the final score for the contestant. The detailed score of each contest entry will be published publicly during the Demonstration and Publicity stage.
Congratulations for reading till the end, you’re a natural winner! If you have any suggestions or ideas for our community, please feel free to give us feedback.