Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
Many thks to Khadas for sending me the device to play
And many thks to @Robert for be my beta tester
This rom is as “TRUE” to AndroidTV as possible…
Build from Latest source.
READ RECOMMENDATIONS BELLOW!!!
IF YOU HAVE TO MANY ISSUES IN THE BUILD AFTER FLASH EVEN IF THE FLASH WENT OK, JUST REFLASH AGAIN THE IMG BECAUSE YOU GOT A BAD FLASH EVEN IF IT SAID IT WAS OK.
- Merge latest change from tree
- Added a white box to show actual screen size when resizing the screen!
- Did some audio passthrough changes/fixes!
- Fixed dual-boot it was broken in the atv build, now coreelec/others boots fine from sdcard.
- Fixed TWRP boot, and added it by default on the build.
- Added mpeg-L2 audio support (i did not test so… it might work or not)
- Removed dovi! (not working due to be locked to certain chips)
- SD to HDR disabled by default now!
- Some cleaning etc…
- On the ATV build i do recommend you guys to go to playstore and manually update the default google apps, and then restart the box.
- If when updating the google apps from playstore they get stuck and not update, pls reboot the device and that should fix it.
- I do recommend if you guys have issues playing some Dolby Digital audio, to go to “settings->Device Preferences->Sound”, and in there in “Select formats” set it to “Manual:Select which formats to use”, and them just manually enable all formats.
- This is because there is an few issues how the sdk detects the formats being used in some videos with Dolby Digital audio, remember this will not mean you will have DTS-HD support or even Dolby Atmos, since the required libs are not there to have that support!
- I also recommend on both builds to disable the “DNR” and also play with the “Picture Mode”, for that go to “settings->Advanced Settings->Picture”.
- Of course there is bugs… there always be bugs…
Want to buy me a beer?
Download SC v4 IMG:
OLD Build’s IMG’s:
- Use usb burning tool 2.2.0 to burn the IMG.
- More information on how to put the device in flash mode refer to khadas wiki!
THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
thanks for the work, superceleron🙂
Thks, the one for VIM3 and VIM1 will come next… in 1 or 2 days!
Great job! That’s cool!!!
Thanks for the great work superceleron.
I’ve been using this for a bit now with only one issue. I have the vim3l hooked up with the tone board, which works fine until the system goes into sleep mode. Once it wakes back up, sound no longer comes from the tone board until the whole system is rebooted.
hmm not much i can help you since i dont have a tone board, but from what you tell me looks like something is not “waking” up!
@superceleron I couldn’t install your image according to this instruction. Tell me, if you know any way to install from under Linux (I can’t use a virtual machine, and the script on the github Khadas team does not work because it is designed for Ubuntu Linux, and I have Archlinux with a different files OS structure).
sorry mate i cant help you with it, i dont use linux to burn images… i use ubuntu as my main system but i keep another old pc with windows just for img burn…
But if i can remember correctly you can burn a img using a sdcard… @RDFTKV do you remember the procedure?
I can’t at the moment…
Yes, I have covered this with the user. So far they have not had success with it.
ok thks mate.
I think you guys should always have a win machine to just in case…
hi, superceleron, what do you think, how much artificial intelligence can be implemented in our board, for tv box fans, I think there is good potential there ?!
Well the potencial is there, now… the soft needs to done to take all potencial out it, that is the tricky part!
Yes, especially since the future lies with artificial intelligence!
Your opinion was important to me, about the a311d with the possibility of artificial intelligence, from the point of view of a TV set-top box, OS android!
I did want to add that the card method works on the VIM3 and other VIM models. I do not have VIM3L for testing, so I only assume it will work on the 3L.
fantastic build superceleron! I have a question about the hdmi resolutions supported. My monitor is only being detected at 1920x540i60hz even though it is capable of 2560x1440p60hz. Do you have a similar workaround to the one used for the Edge-V where you can delete the resolution_white.xml file ? tia !
not at this time, but is strange you monitor does that…
It can only be the fw from the monitor sending wrong information to the khadas device!
@superceleron Is there a voice control option in the firmware (for VIm3L)?
well it have google assistant, and works fine in here!
Well… i have some bad news for you guys… i had a issue with my home build server hdd and i lost 3 sdk… 2 khadas ones and one from work
So this means all changes i did to vim’s sdk( old sdk and newer sdk) are now lost
Its going to take a while to get all back again(add all changes to sdk, if i can remember all of them), so you guys going to wait a bit longer!