Vim3L noob questions

I also had questions at first, but I realized the guys are doing what they can, plus new processors, etc. , so I left this idea to ask for some things that, in my opinion, have a place to be for a " tv-box ", as a result, I have to decide some moments on my own :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure how far into Development images you used ?
I use the Vim3 and Vim3L via SD Card and SC ATV roms Internal.
Both work Extremely well with both OS’s.

Nightlies 18th February CE is extremely usable for both Vims.
We reverted some commits on 13th Feb Nightly which fixed H264 Decoder
Not sure if you report issues on CE forum ?
It’s imperative to report issues on your Vim3L using Nightlies or your issues may not be solved when a stable release is done for the Vim3L.
PS Not sure what you mean by additions ?

1 Like

about one month (maybe more).

What version of ATV are you using (v1 or v2)?

I asked about the problem of SuperCleron, he said that everything works fine :), and for me or another guy in the video, the link (that is, the case is not unique) does not work. And I hope to solve this problem by updating ATV to version # 2, but I can’t do it yet (ATV rom # 1 blocks the boot image from SD card).

filmix, torrent service…

It would certainly be more interesting to see 3/32;4/32, since 2/16 seems to me not enough, otherwise I like vim3L in terms of characteristics! :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe someday there will be vim3L pro :wink:

SC V3 USERDEBUG for VIM3L IMG

You’ve got to stay with the nightlies. The Updates come down automatically via CE servers.
A lot has happened in one month. Over 25 Updates.

No idea about that.
If it’s a dubious copyright infringement service you won’t get help on the CE forum.

1 Like

Thanks, but this is android Pie (not android TV).

I understand that, but I just can’t upgrade (there’s no such simple procedure as on the Vim3 device).

I understand this and I am not counting on support CE forum :slight_smile:

As owner, I do not recommend, there are a lot of problems with device (even the way to install a new ROM, not the same as the previous one… every time, something changes and every time you have to look for an answer on the forum). On the contrary, I regret that I did not take vim3, well, or some H96 Max X3 at a price 2 times cheaper (but with 4/64).

you for what purpose use?

use device how android box.

for multimedia exclusively?

It’s exactly the same procedure on both boxes.
I run CoreELEC from SD Card and AppTV from Emmc .
The link you provided V2. (Sorry about my wrong link to normal Android)

1 Like

Unfortunately, in multimedia the Vim3l device is very weak (remember that I gave a link to the review and you did not play 4k content on YouTube?). However, I’m sorry, this does not apply to the topic of discussion.

I don’t like CoreElec downloading from sd, but I like CoreElec downloading from emmc!

Soon we’ll be happy with Dual Boot OS Emmc
I run the Vim2 CE Emmc and it’s super fast updating and doing thumbnails but that’s about it comparing to Vim3L and Vim3 running SD Card CE.
I’ve never tried SC ATV on SD card.
Is it possible ??

no, yes and this is not the best option, believe me, I am opposed to any, any kind of loading the OS with sd.

Yes, this is the best option !!

Can someone step by step (may be video instruction recommend) explain how to guarantee clear the EMMС device memory VIM3L device?
Unfortunately, I have a ROM that blocks the loading of any other boot image (by the way, if you don’t want to solve a similar problem, do not install superceleron`s ATV ROM), I was given advice here, but I don’t understand what cable is needed for flashing (any UART USB cable will do? sorry but i’m a noob :slight_smile:)?

use krescue for this

did you understand my problem? :slight_smile: Supercelerons ATV ROM blocks any other boot ROM (krescue) or installation over the network (no access to EMMC memory). I am now trapped :), I can’t install anything else, and Supercelerons ATV ROM have many bugs (it would be better if I didn’t install it at all) and has no auto-update (OTA update)… there is no desire to use this ATV ROM and can not delete/reinstall :frowning:

Yes, I understand you.
erase eMMC full
:slightly_smiling_face:

But, how? :thinking: krescue ROM do not start in boot (there would be no problem with my question).