VIM2 Android Pie V200624 Preview ROM Release

It’s been a while since last release of VIM2 since not quite that much updates on Android 7. But, actually, our team were woking on Android Pie for VIM2, and here we are pround to release Android Pie Preview ROM for VIM2, check Firmware Page to download the ROM.

ROM Infos:

• ROM version: VIM2_Pie_V200624.7z
  • MD5SUM: 9e0c2f2354d818d6b38aeb887583d059
  • The ROM is for EMMC installation only

Any feedbacks and suggestions are welcome :two_hearts:

Have fun!

8 Likes

Hi Terry, about a year has passed since then, but what changes, if not secret?:slightly_smiling_face:

Wow, long time since VIM2 got an Android Update, jumped right over Oreo, bet many people are gonna be Happy :smiley:

1 Like

oh yes, for sure, this is really unexpected!:+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks guys, you are the first to do this!

2 Likes

Pleasant surprise. Very good to see the VIM2 getting some love. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ho nice i see you guys fixed the hw composer issues :slight_smile:
I did a build long time ago but i had hw composer(screen flicker on software “acceleration”) issues and at the time i decided it did not worth my time.
Anyway good job :slight_smile:

5 Likes

is it about Pie Android?
:slightly_smiling_face:

ye i did it in December, i only it gave to @Robert to test it out at the time, since it had some screen flicker issues so i decided to postpone it to later date, and them work took over and i lost interest in completing the debug to see if i can fix it.
Well looks like now is fixed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yes, stable enough Pie for s912

Please note this is only a preview, we will be getting a stable release soon enough…

final won’t be very different, :slight_smile:
But i do see some little changes are needed, not many i think, im checking it now in the source.

2 Likes

Superceleron, you as a free artist, as you see and create your work, thank you!
:grin:

1 Like

well im doing a build right now just to test it lol.
But is hot in here this past week(next one going to be the same), and my build server is right next to me and it generates a lot of heat and i mean a lot…
So during this heat waves i do not like to use the build server, i have a big fan right next to me and is hot the same lol
i hate heat…
Anyway back to topic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stay strong mate, you say that for a simple heatwave, here in India we live with heatwaves through out our lives, and still we have our big ol’ bellies, we have problems too :sweat_smile:
I think this one is either metabolism or something else, need to check with the doctor…

1 Like

Ye i know in India is even worse i have a few indian friends :slight_smile:
About the “bellies” well i also have now one, getting old and “fat”… and i think is metabolism.

4 Likes

Well, you might be surprised that we actually have a higher risk of obesity than you guys, “it is in our DNA”, Indians and Urban culture do not go well together… especially when it comes to food.

1 Like

Have a good build, Superceleron!

2 Likes

I too wish my share of good luck :smile:

1 Like

i installed the rom twice and my fan doesnt work, no settings auto, and none of the 5 levels

board version 1.4

2 Likes

be patient, buddy, this is a preliminary assembly, but comments are accepted!
:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like