[ROM] SC VIM1 Pie ATV Debug/User builds v2 20200130

very similar to a power problem
What is your power supply?

2 Likes

yes i’m also suspecting that

2 Likes

Sorry to zombify this post, but I want to make sure I understand using these Krescue images correctly. I can’t find documentation discussing this.

Should the Krescue images above be written as they are downloaded (.img.zstd.7z), or should they be unzipped (.img.zstd) before using Krescue to write them to the eMMC?

Using .img.zstd.7z the image writes within seconds successfully, but doesn’t boot past the initial SC boot screen. Using .img.zstd slows the write process to days, and will complain the 8GB emmc has insufficient storage.

hello, what does Krescue have to do with it? do you want to install or create a backup?
seems to get it, you want to install the backup image :slightly_smiling_face:

But this question is better addressed to Hyphop, you can mark it in your message

I’m trying to write the Krescue images provided in the top post of the thread.

I do not want to say that this is somehow bad, but I would suggest that you go the proven way, USBBurningTool. But I look in the “header” there are no standard images. Maybe Superceleron could fix it somehow. :thinking:

You need the “Krescue” software, from it you need to install the above archive.

Yeah, I would’ve tried that first, but the images provided for this ROM are for Krescue only.

I have Krescue on an SD booted right now. I had issues getting it booted at first, but it was just my SD card. That’s been resolved.

I would try downloading the image through Krescue, but it won’t connect to my wifi and the only image for this I saw (when I was able to plug it in with eth) was for the DEBUG version. I’m hoping to install the USER image.

I imagine @superceleron would be the person to ping. I know he didn’t make Krescue, but is the developer of these ROMs and packaged them for Krescue.

WiFi is currently available in “Krescue”, but you don’t need WiFi to write an archive-image to eMMC.

I do not know for certain what Superceleron was guided by, perhaps as some kind of test, but then it was better to do it as an alternative to the standard recording method.

buddy, please check
I think , need to put everything in the “hat” :grimacing::grin:

http://freaktab.org/56b0b900348e50fb, it seems a standard installation with USBBurningTool.

also found post

Here in general v.3

Thanks, I’m going to spin up an Ubuntu session and do this the good ole fashioned way now!

Just wait for next build they will be in IMG format, is already done for a while now.
Just lack the time to post it, i will try to do it today.

3 Likes

Hy @superceleron any update of an img

Ho damn i totally forgot lol i have the img’s done for over 1 month now…
I will post them later today.
But i do tell you guys this sdk seems slower than the previous one.

3 Likes

it works on vim3 pro ?

this is for VIM1 board only, VIM3 is completely different, it is not compatible…

okay thanks …

here you go: [ROM] SC VIM3 Pie ATV Debug/User builds v3 20200803

thanks alot @superceleron

Hi @superceleron . Is there any updates on this ROM? I’m asking because on DEBUG v3 I have one issue (green screen was fixed by v3 OTA) - if I send my VIM1 to sleep by power button, then after some time it won’t show the home screen. The only way to fix it - reboot the device, because no way to get back to launcher.

ye i know of that bug, but im not doing any more updates to VIM1, i cant maintain or have the time to work on 4 different devices :frowning:
Sorry!