Case for the VIM3 and M2X

Hello tsangyoujun! Can you provide printer files for this wonderful box? I want to print for testing :laughing:

Oh, I found them! Thank!

2 Likes

Yeap! Be sure to let us know if there’s any bugs! I don’t have a 3D printer in the office, but I used to be a hobbyist back in the day.

Oh those ABS fumes. :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have a 3D printer but I believe you need a heated print bed to have a nice finish or else it’s warp city :grin:

1 Like

Oh yes indeed. Especially these wide rectangular forms. These days, 3D printers come with heated enclosures (chambers).

ABS generally flows better and is less prone to warp than PLA, if you use a thick / wide “support raft” to diffuse the heat from the print bed. Ironically, printing directly on the heat bed may not produce better results. It’s a combination of the raft + heat bed.

2 Likes

Also if you use ABS you can make your print look a little professional if you wipe it down with lots of acetone.

2 Likes

Gives it a nice injection mold like appearance

1 Like

Yeah, I thought I would ask too, what is that for ?

It is for sticking a pencil into the case to prop up the screen at an angle.

4 Likes

What a wonderful idea :thinking:

I once made a simple case out of cardboard with my brother for a rasberry pi, then I ported the design to the VIM3 and it came out quite well

10 Likes

you know how to cheer up :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Now it’s clear, this is the right part! :+1:

1 Like

I will have to make use of the board box in which the khadas board is shipped, the black tight box, it will be a perfect case material just need to carve out io cuts and some vent holes.

As I hate using bareboards.

2 Likes

what do you mean by bareboards, cardboard or SBC board ?

Bare board, just the board to test is a risk of damaging the components in case my hand are moist or cause or static charge, so I prefer all device inside a protective casing.

yes that is true,
bareboards need to be protected or else they will be fried if they are powered up and come into direct contact with conductive fluid or ESD or else boom! they are dead before you an understand what happened, I lost one of my Arduino boards this way and till date I regret touching it the day it happened because of some sweaty palms :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yes they do actually, funny how the box is tight and just the right size… :wink:

2 Likes

when I first got my VIM3, the unboxing experience remined me of opening an iPhone, lift the box up and slowly wait as the bottom box slides off and plop ! it on the table, unboxed.:smirk:

1 Like

You need to add a tone board to this sandwich. It will be very successful! Case for the VIM3 and M2X and ToneBoard!!!

3 Likes