Case for the VIM3 and M2X

Modified it :wink:

It is customizable though :grin:

4 Likes

What makes you think that?

Its a brilliant design for cooling, the air flow is perfect with a very low speed fan thats quiet and you cant hear anything.

Im thinking of putting my firesticks into a tube and get a nice little fan for it

Hehe, from my brother, who literally works in Nvidia :smirk:

Otherwise it is still a functional cooling design, but I could never get to see what the teardown looks like :thinking:

They had a Lot of names for it, Lightsaber handle, toilet paper roll, :rofl:

@BowerR64 I can highly recommend you this Fan,

Best small 5v Fan ever, if you are willing to spend the bucks for it, I have a similar off-brand fan which I have, and trust me, it is silent as heck, I Use it on my VIM and sometimes I even forget if I have connected it or not :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Aye caramba, that was one of the complaints - yes!

We will attempt to do better next time! :smile:

1 Like

What gave you the idea / inspiration for this case?

It is cool though, since you could just tell people the size of each panel (like IKEA furniture), and they could make their own custom designs within said panel dimensions.

Great idea :smile:

1 Like

Sí Es muy bien :grin:

To be honest, yes, I got the Idea from Ikea furniture, :sweat_smile:
I will send out all the details soon

1 Like

No complaints here, just an observation. :grin:
Besides, cannot do everything for the DIYer, or they might miss some inspiration. :smile:

3 Likes

I agree with you,
you should only spark ideas, Not burn their entire Creativity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Quick update for you guys, If you are up to date with my crazy cardboard case fiasco :sweat_smile:,

I have got some good and bad news,

The Good news is that, A Touchscreen got into the action and has created a touchscreen combo like device, Evolution to say :grin:

The bad news is… evolution went backward (bet even Darwin couldn’t believe it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Here is what it has become,

Kind of looks cool, Tell me what you think :smile:

6 Likes

you have the best engineering idea, buddy!
:rofl::+1::grin:

1 Like

Best of all it still is eco-friendly, I made it out of the box the Display came in
:+1::rofl:

hahah you are sick Electr1

1 Like

Hey man, I didn’t even know what to expect :smile:
Desperate times, call for desperate measures, and desperate resources :grin:

That actually looks pretty neat! :smile:

You know, paper is a wonderful material. All you’ve got to do is mess around with the thickness (grade). You can build really durable things out of paper. There are even coatings for waterproofing, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, It is a wonderful material, and and quite cheap too :ok_hand:, and it came for free with the display too.
:grin:

1 Like

I finally got round to printing the case and taking a picture.

Thanks for all the work in designing this.

Original Post (with file): Case for the VIM3 and M2X

9 Likes

wow it looks better real life, thank you for giving me the opportunity to do it for you as well :heart:

1 Like

Can you send us more pictures to gaze upon?, Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it looks very unusual, I like, by the way, what kind of material?

3 Likes