Case for the VIM3 and M2X

Just standard grey PLA. I’ll take some more pictures tomorrow and send them across. I printed without the SD card slot since it is not required for me with the M2X board being used.

The only thing I would like to look it is a way of covering the three side buttons but still be able to use them.

3 Likes

sd can be useful to you for Krescue, it sometimes helps a lot

1 Like

I don’t really use Krescue since I have had problems when I installed packages from there and tried to dual boot with CoreELEC. Now I just burn directly to the board using the AMLOGIC software connected via USB C.

2 Likes

In any case, everyone does as they feel comfortable, it’s a personal matter, I agree with you
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job @Electr1 and @AlexBudd! I’m very impressed with how your VIM case turned out! It looks very elegant.

Personally, I have this idea of creating a VIM3 MID. Perhaps touchscreen + battery + keyboard. I’m guessing I have to locate a suitable mini USB keyboard to hack. :smile:

6 Likes

Please stop, you have already tempted me too much, I still can’t get anywhere without a printer here
:joy:

1 Like

@tsangyoujun are you interested in something like this :wink:

3 Likes

You know it still worked out really well for Alex.

When you’ve attained the skill of “I can design a practical case, without having a 3D printer next to me”, you have achieved master-level. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yea that looks cute! Is that one of those Blackberry keyboards?

1 Like

I can express my feelings in the words of an Avenger character,

2 Likes

Nope, it is one of those cheap mini keyboards you can find on the market,
you can follow the Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4amBc0Tbw,
I was inspired to make this, in a time where I did not have any sbc’s, and was still tinkering with Microcontrollers

1 Like

Your design looks much better than what I found on YouTube. :smiley:

The keyboard meshes neatly with the 3d printed case.

1 Like

So…, Do I see another design for that for VIMs coming up soon ?
:grin:

1 Like

wow @Electr1 , I see you have made very good designs,
@tsangyoujun your portable VIM and touchscreen also looks cool,
you guys are tempting me alot to get one :smiley:

3 Likes

hi ,yes yes moreover you can do the one you like best
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, I like all these cases, I have got The RPi 4B, but I want one case like this, the DIY case from khadas also is looking nice

2 Likes

you have good taste ,buddy
:+1::wink:

1 Like

@Vladimir.v.v can I take that as compliment for myself ???
:blush:

1 Like

definitely buddy, you can count on my support
:point_up::grin:

1 Like

dude this will replace my iphone any day of the week woooo

1 Like