VIM3L - Opening Up New Possibilities for DIY-HTPC Enthusiasts

Yup. Wait for the next board, or go with a competitor.

khadas out of competition!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Saludos:

Estoy interesado en un HTPC KIT pero me gustaría saber si se puede ampliar de manera sencilla con el M2X Extension Board o se tendría que cambiar la carcasa y si puede cambiarse el idioma por defecto del software (Android 9 y Kodi) o bien tiene que ser en inglés.

Gracias
Greetings:

I’m interested in an HTPC KIT but I would like to know if it can be easily extended with the M2X Extension Board or if you would have to change the casing and if you can change the default language of the software (Android 9 and Kodi) or it has to be in English.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi DanyDaniel:
The Android supports multi languages and you can change the default language by yourself.

You can check the video for the guidance to install the M2X. Be note that the DIY Case cannot suit for the M2X.

Have fun!

Muchísimas gracias por la respuesta. Me ha solucionado esas dudas, pero tengo una más. Quiero conectarle un antiguo HD multimedia que sólo funciona como disco de seguridad, ¿puedo conectarlo al USB del HTPC KIT para reproducir el contenido que guardo en él?

Thank you so much for the answer. You’ve solved those doubts, but I have one more. I want to connect an old multimedia HD that only works as a security disk, can I connect it to the USB of the HTPC KIT to play the content I keep on it?

Should be no problem, a few things you might need to check:

• Power supply: the VIM3/3L can only delivery 1.3A current via the USB3.0 port, external power might required if more power consumption is needed for your HDD
  • File System format: NTFS file system is not support on Android

Good day!

1 Like

Hi! Can I use 4 GPIO (digital inputs) + 1 ADC (analog input) with the 40 pin GPIO header?

Yes, can. I guess you might be interest in this:

It would be nice to have a CLEAR pinout diagram, because the docs are somewhat confusing if you are not familiar with VIMs (like me). Especially for pins that may be part of a bus (spi, i2c, i2s) or common GPIO (digital/analog io)

Look at this pinout from Particle… It would help a lot of people:

5 Likes

Agreed, that does look clear. :smile:

I’ll update the diagrams in docs.khadas.com

3 Likes

awesome! The other thing should be to add a note or link to how to configure the pins for a specific function (spi, i2c, i2s, digital io, adc, etc)

2 Likes

Don’t forget to discuss with @Totti first when you process this.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

How many usb ports can the VIM3L handle?

Hello, I see no relevant information on the VIM3L in Khadas Docs yet. I assume it will be similar to the VIM3 regarding USB ports. Three USB ports are available on the VIM3, two on the board and one from the GPIO. There is also a USB-C port, but that is usually powering the VIM3.
Using a USB hub can expand that number, the limiting factor for the VIM3 is it and/or its power supply’s ability to deliver adequate current. A powered USB hub would eliminate that limit. The photo below shows the port current limits. Not shown is the GPIO’s USB, but I think that is 500mA.

Evidently, when VIM3 3.0/2.0 USB port is in USB 3.0 mode it can deliver a little more…

3 Likes

@Gouwa,

1. Would you be posting updates on shipping on this thread?
  2. Also, would you be notifying the tracking number to users who purchased the VIM3L via e-mail?

Thanks.

Yes they normally inform the customer about the tracking number via email or if you want on forum pm.

Currently they’re on Holiday until next week.

1 Like

let our guys rest, gain strength, we all really need them !!! :wink:

1 Like

I vote for vim3 !!! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

For these people chasing Dolby vision support, cost is not under consideration.
We are talking about the needs and the fees not the technique things,
I will happy to pay more(likely 50$) for vim3 's Dolby vision FW.

3 Likes