Yes, my board is a VIM3L. I also have a VIM3 which is working fine.
Unfortunately, I cannot try the Android image because that’s an image made for eMMC, and when the board is in upgrade (USB boot) mode, my PC is not detecting my board, so I cannot run the flashing/burning tools.
Is there an Android Image I could boot from an SD card?
It might be possible for me to make the card and then upload the resulting files, if they’re not too big. You would need to format an SD card to fat32 if I recall.
I think I tried to do this before, I recall it being successful. Your choice.
If so, I can check it tonight.
Update: @khilman So far I have not had luck with this. I will let you know if that changes.
The u-boot in the eMMC is broken, seems you have flash other firmware to the VIM3L which doesn’t support the VIM3L LPDDR4 (the correct DDR driver_vesion should be LPDDR4_PHY_V_0_1_18 on our GitHub), so that you can’t boot well.
In this situation, you will also can’t boot from the SD card, so that you can’t use the krescure, for the boot sequence you will always boot from eMMC first, so it will always load the borken u-boot from eMMC.
So you have to reflash the eMMC via MASKROM mode.
You’re right. I thought I had erased eMMC, but it appears not. Thanks.
I’m now not able to get the board into MASKROM mode. The TST approach from the wiki doesn’t work. On the serial console, I see that it causes the “boot times” counter to reset to zero, but otherwise keeps loping.
I also tried the MRegister mode, but it’s not clear from the wiki what the “two pads of the M register” are. I see a single test-point labeled M, which based on the VIM3 schematics (I hope they are the same as VIM3L for this part) looks like TP7, connected to GND. Based on that, I connect R84 to TP7 and this seems to disable the eMMC.
However, this does not seem to enable USB boot for the MASKROM as expected. Rather, it continues to keep booting from the eMMC, but fails to load FIPs from eMMC.
Looking at the initial string SM1:BL:511f6b:81ca2f;FEAT:A0F83180:20282000;POC:D;RCY:0;USB:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0; it seems like the MASKROM is not detecting a USB connection (even though USB-C is conntected to host PC)