VIM3 with Ubuntu bionic + Touch screen TS050

@Gytis can you confirm that you got touch input working on the TS050 as well as just the lcd on the Vim 3. At the minute I can only get the lcd to work as a display on my edge V, touch gestures are not detected. Would almost buy the Vim 3 as well at this point, just to get it working.

You mean should I unplug touch cable and try out only with display connector?

On my VIM3 Pro I have TS050 working with Ubuntu Bionic Xfce (built from source) - screen works, touch works.

No, I was just wondering if touch was working at all, with both connectors attached. I can’t seem to get it working, just the display, no touch. Thanks for getting back to me though :+1:

I can confirm that both LCD and Touch of the TS050 work well on Ubuntu, installed on eMMC. It’s not workable though due to the size of all icons and buttons.

Thanks for the reply! Can ask if you’re using the Vim3 or the Edge V, and what firmware did you use?

Hello @blueberryberret

So you can’t use LCD on Edge-V with latest image ?

@Frank please follow up.

It’s on VIM3 with Ubuntu 4.3 eMMC. All other do not work with LCD+Touch

1 Like

Hey,
I was searching for a case to use Touch with Vim3 just for fun.
This is what i think should be fine with the khadas touch screen.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/roAUI7O0
Did anyone try to change the screen resolution on ubuntu with the touch screen?

Yes, previously as per the beginning of this thread, altering the env.tx file would result on just getting the khadas logo on reboot without booting to ubuntu. Then I was advised that there was a problem with the dtb which was fixed in the updated kernel. Using the latest ROM V20190830 I was able to get the TS050 display to work after sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade but the touch screen would not work. I tried reflashing again today and now I am again stuck with the khadas loading screen.

Hello @blueberryberret

I have updated the kernel to fix the touchscreen issue. Please reinstall V190830 image and update the kernel and enable the touchscreen.

khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get update
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo vim /boot/env.txt    # edit to enable panel
khadas@Khadas:~$ sync
khadas@Khadas:~$ sudo reboot

You have to update the kernel before you enable the panel or you will stuck at u-boot.

1 Like

It’s now working perfectly! I’m delighted, thank you!

Which module is needed for the touchscreen to work on linux?

I tried the same in vim3 with TS050 AND White flex.
I could only see khadas logo flickering and thats it.

Video here

Any suggestion ?

Anyone?
I tried ‘VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190830’ but this is the issue I am facing. As reported in the above video.

Which Android version will make the lcd and touch screen work on vim3?

I had the same question

I tried to look up info about Android using on multiple displays but all I ended up were split screen topics, so no info on that :frowning_face:

My Note8 runs Android Pie and it can work with both phone’s touch screen and HDMI (DeX mode). Interestingly enough the original DeX dock supported only one display or display mirroring, but with Pie and new USB-C to HDMI adapter now both works.

So I would guess it has to be some hardware feature that is able to talk to Android’s driver.

My question is not regarding multiple display. I just want the lcd touchscreen to work alone. But still I am not able to make it work.

I tried the latest ubuntu but it just shows me distorted logo that’s it.

Maybe khadas team can advice.

@Gouwa @numbqq
How can I get the touchscreen working on Android or Ubuntu with Vim3 ?
I received the Touchscreen along with the White flat flex cable.

Please check the video above and advice what is the issue with it ?

Bumpp!!!
@kenny can you advice something for the ts050 to work with vim3 ?

Hi, Spikerguy
Our team are developing the dual display function for VIM3. But it still has some issues.
About the touch screen on Ubuntu, you can refer to this.

We will release the dual display support on android for VIM3 in early November

1 Like