Vim3 4GB - dead all

Please note that the entire storage will be occupied by Coreelec,

not quite so, if you use USB 3.0, with a good USB drive, the speed will be higher than on the internal memory

absolutely right ,buddy
:slightly_smiling_face:

Well, i am confused now.
I bought the vim3 to replace an intel nuc i5 (at least 5 years old) i just use for running
libreeelec in my living room.
Since the powerconsumption of the vim3 is this low in idle i do not need to power it up and down every day.
For this requirement what are your thoughts for the best configuration - and best performance, since i am streaming TV from my server the way, that the stream is beeing written permanently to my storage and than read…

Franz

specify, are you considering an android?

a coreelec or libreelec…

Streaming movies from Netflix etc. has no effect on the Storage, but if you are going to write movies to the storage and delete them later… I would suggest investing in a portable Hard disk of sorts to store the Movies and not do more wear to the Flash memory , You can also invest in a SSD if you like, but I don’t know if it is detected in Coreelec, @Vladimir.v.v can the PCIe be switched in Coreelec ?

Do you know Krescue? if so, can install coreelec directly into the internal memory

have not used krescue by now - but will the rom last the permanently written tv-stream?

at the moment for me this technology has died with the advent of torrent online
:grin:

You are kidding me, when do you expect the next uprise of technology ?
:rofl:

there is a completely stable coreelec, you will have it in eMMC, study Krescue, and let us know about stability!

@franz, by chance are you using translator ?, you sentence is a bit jumbled, I cannot understand properly

I hope gave the right direction
:smile:

no, i am not using any translator.
I will try using krescue, i think i did already but it didnt work for some reason.
Thanks a lot for assistence, will try to setup coreelec in eMMC.

By for now
FRanz

everything is simple there, by the way for the future, you can restore your vim using Krescue

I could manage to install coreelec into eMMC using kRexcue, its working fine and
does meet all my expectations.

One more thanks for assistence …

Franz

2 Likes

Sure, as always we are here 24/7 for your assistance, @Vladimir.v.v can I get a yes from you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

buddy, I’m currently in a public place, you make me laugh, I’m afraid people around me will not understand
:rofl: