Vim3 4GB - dead all

@franz

1. Do you know how to use serial tool ?
  2. Try with this two pages to upgrade .

https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/HowtoBootIntoUpgradeMode.html
https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/UpgradeViaUSBCable.html

Are there any flashes or constant lights when you power on ?

Nothing happens without power, it is generally a good first troubleshooting step. Also usually easy to do or to test for.
I guess that would be a yes. :smile:

All of my VIMs are operational, same for my Edges,… no bricks here. :slightly_smiling_face:

What can I say, great minds… :laughing:

1 Like

I will not argue here
:relieved:

1 Like

what i did was:

1. tested powersupply and cabel at anotehr smartphone - working properly
  2. took another powersupply (working on antother smartphone) - vim3 still dead.
    -> the led does not work in any color, device will not warm up.

it seems dead to me - even Vim3 may not be brickable, the electronic still may die …

Franz

Did you try to enter maskrom mode ?, did anything blink while pressing the buttons ?

Based on this, it can be assumed that communication with the board is lost, but it is not clear why the LED is not displayed.

yes, give us more information franz

Click the F(function) button 3 times in 2 seconds while the powercable is being attached, note the powercable should be turned on while attaching.

I meant that franz give more information
:slightly_smiling_face:

oops, sorry, but it will help anyway

I clicked the F Button 3 times within 2 seconds while powercable was attached and the blue Led doubleflashed 3 Time :slight_smile:

Does not seem dead - does it?

Franz

That is great!, it means it still is working, I suggest flashing a new ROM, like android, You can refer to my guide above :slight_smile:

So my next Question is, how to setup either a libreelec ore a CoreElec?
(in case my vim3 is able to be reflashed)

Franz

and - by the way - i am overwhelmed about the assistence and interest i am receiving from this community …

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, we kill everyone who comes here with Kindness
:grin:

I believe @Vladimir.v.v shall be more than happy to show you the way,

1 Like

There are two options! write to the media at the same time you will have an android, you can also install it on the internal memory, how would you like?
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

great news buddy!
:+1:

Well, well, if it ain’t what I said earlier, Now see this was what I was hoping for
:cowboy_hat_face:

if he said that power comes to the board, the question would be different
:wink:

Well I guess we only knew this after @franz tried to enter Maskrom mode :slight_smile:

i would like to have Corelec installed into rom, i assume, this will be the fastest mode,
right?