VIM1S and home assistant supervisor

Hello, just installed a fresh new HA supervised straight from OOWOW. It runs HA 2023.10.5 on kernel 5.4.180

I still have this running error :

Failed to start Bluetooth: [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown] The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files; Retrying in background...

I installed the terminal an SSH add-on to try your fix, but it seems to be a wrong way as sudo is not recognized. I think my mistake is trivial, but can you help me to get control of HA.

Apologies for the late response.

When you open the Terminal & SSH add-on in HA, you’ll need to connect to the host by entering

ssh root@192.168.X.X

and then input the password before running commands. The host IP should be at the top of the screen when you open the add-on.

Then try input these commands and restart the system (not HA) :

apt install bluetooth blueman bluez bluez-tools rfkill libbluetooth-dev

rfkill unblock bluetooth

hciconfig hci0 up

reboot

Let me know if this works for you :slight_smile:

Hello,
I gave up with ssh and plugged a keyboard and a TV to the khadas. The bluetooth is now OK with your commands. I had to do some sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to make it run without errors on a fresh install from oowow.

Given this, HA is now running fine. I had some problems with integrations and since the bluetooth is fixed, i could add them to my set.

My project is to migrate from my old raspberry pi 3 because it is is short in memory. I plan to move also from ZHA to Zigbee2MQTT with the MQTT broker and Zigbee2MQTT on a VM

I had a little look at the host log and discoverd this running error :slight_smile:

Nov 08 06:34:07 Khadas systemd-journal-gatewayd[39563]: microhttpd: Setting TCP_NODELAY option to ON state failed: Operation not supported 
Nov 08 06:34:07 Khadas systemd-journal-gatewayd[39563]: microhttpd: Setting TCP_CORK option to OFF state failed: Operation not supported 
Nov 08 06:34:07 Khadas systemd-journal-gatewayd[39563]: microhttpd: Failed to push the data from buffers to the network. Client may experience some delay (usually in range 200ms - 5 sec).

I googled it and it seems to be an issue with Debian 11.
According to HA,I am running run the supervisor-2023.11.0.

Any fix to this ?

I was trying to figure out why my attempt to Add network storage via NFS did not work (my raspberry on the same network can with the same settings / the NFS rules on my NAS are wide open (192.168.0.0/24).

Mounting KhadasBackup did not succeed. Check host logs for errors from mount or systemd unit usr-share-hassio-mounts-KhadasBackup.mount for details.

Reply to self…

for the running error, The solution on Debian bullseye is to backport the package from Bookworm or Testing

After a long time and a reboot, it’s gone. Don’t ask me how :slight_smile:

And here is the log about mounting NFS :

Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas systemd[1]: Mounting Supervisor nfs mount: KhadasBackup...
Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas mount[5136]: mount: /usr/share/hassio/mounts/KhadasBackup: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'.
Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas kernel: request_module fs-nfs succeeded, but still no fs?
Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas systemd[1]: usr-share-hassio-mounts-KhadasBackup.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas systemd[1]: usr-share-hassio-mounts-KhadasBackup.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 08 18:20:28 Khadas systemd[1]: Failed to mount Supervisor nfs mount: KhadasBackup.

weird, isn’t it ?

I’m also not able to add network storage to HA, neither samba nor nfs.
Is it possible, what should I do?

Hi, In my case, running 2 commands on the vim1s fixed the issue:
sudo modprobe cifs
sudo modprobe md4

To check what is missing, you can run a local mount command:
sudo mount -t cifs -o username=<your_user> <what_you_want_to_mount> <mount_point>

Thanks! it works for cifs but I also had to install cifs-utils:
sudo apt install cifs-utils

For nfs, it doesn’t work, I have the error:
mount.nfs: Protocol not supported

Hello,
I have the same problem with bluetooh.
I followed instructions in terminal & ssh but I have no password. I created it by typing passwd but now I have "permission denied (publickey.password).
Needless to say that I am newbie.
Thanks for your help.

The default root password set on this OS is: khadas. Try connecting via ssh again:

ssh root@192.168.X.X (VIM1S IP) 

or

ssh root@khadas.local

and try the default password to see if it works.

It’s working great. Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hello,
Is it possible having haos on VIM1s instead of supervised on debian 11 ?

On Operating System - Home Assistant, we can read that only Debian 12 (Bookworm) is supported.

Failed to move data disk

I’m getting short on disk space, so plugged an SSD via the USB. in Settings > System > Storage > Move Data disk , i can select it

Select new data disk
SATA SSD Size: 238.47 GB, S/N: A08E0734xxxxxxx

When I click “move” the error is

Failed to move data disk
‘DataDisk.migrate_disk’ blocked from execution, no Home Assistant OS available

help me, please.

Can you please share a Download link?

I’m not sure where the limitation lies, however you can’t move data disk within HA, to an external drive with this device/image. The only solution for now is to use an external drive/SD card as a boot drive

Hello, thank you for your response. Can you please specify the steps or provide a link to a tutorial on using an external drive as a boot drive for the Khadas?

Armbian provides dedicated images with preinstalled Home Assistant Supervised

https://twitter.com/armbian/status/1759483932557373817

How to start?

1. Go to Khadas VIM1S download page: Khadas VIM1S – Armbian
  2. Search for “Dedicated applications” ->> “Armbian Home Assistant Supervised
  3. Download that image and flash it to SD card (image is oowow install ready)
  4. Boot, create username and wait few minutes (monitor port 8123 of your machine)

1. Install HA to internal media
  2. Proceed with HA official instructions, create HA user, login

Enjoy HA supervised with

2 Likes