[ROM] SC VIM3L Pie “Normal” Debug Build v5 20211122

what version of USBBurningTool do you have?

My version of the USB burning tool is 2.1.7.1

please use the latest version of the tool

https://dl.khadas.com/Tools/USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0.zip

Tried it as well, the same results

try the “erase everything” function inside the program

Tried that right now- no results.
An interesting fact- after flashing the rom the Khadas boot logo appears then the display goes dark after a couple of seconds.
When booting the second time the boot logo never appears, only the backlight turns on for a couple of seconds but the display remains black

Please remind me, is everything good on the stock firmware?

Normal build is tablet version, but in next build i have fixed a few stuff that was wrong set in tablet version to atv version.
And yes search here in the forum, there is a ATV version for the vim3l.

The display works well with the stock firmware

Oh, seems that I misunderstood :slight_smile: because the Normal version has a TV-ish launcher as well.
Anyway it is yet the best rom for the VIM3L. The only things I would probably change is to remove the screenshot button from the bottom navigation bar and give the user a screen to select default launcher (TV or native) during the first boot. Fantastic job!
By the way. is the SipManager library supported in this rom?

Ye i know is a hybrid launcher, i used that one because is very customizable ( you can see here in the forum some pics of what users made with it).
I will only include one, i do not like my roms to be to “clunky” with lots of apps.
Anyway you can always install another and choose your default one in settings. :slight_smile:
Yes SipManager is supported, at least i think i enable it lol it was a few months ago i can’t remember all. (to many other projects in my head)

1 Like

Great! Can’t wait till I am able to use the rom with the TS050 display. New projects coming!

Hi @superceleron hope you are doing well.
Could you please provide an ETA for the new version with the fix for TS050 touchscreen and VIM3L?

He posted a head’s up of the new release here:

I think you need to wait for a while…

it still has vim3L problems and the good news is the Superceleron has a TS050 display
:slightly_smiling_face:

Ye you need to wait, khadas just sent me today the new Vim3L, mine died… to much abuse lol ( Many thks @Terry and @lilysun for the new Vim3L :slight_smile: )
So should be here in a few weeks i think, maybe less…

2 Likes

hello Superceleron, you keep the entire Khadas community in suspense with statements like this :grimacing::slightly_smiling_face:

hmm why? its normal not all devices going to be 100% you need to count that there is always some who going to dye, but you expect it to be low in volume of course.
Anyway my devices get real abuse, i flash him like on average 70 times, on some even more than that.
USB and HDMI ports hear out of so many times you connecting and disconnecting… etc etc…
Some devices will last longer others dont.
See this, i still have my 1º original vim1(2017) and it was abused for real that one, it as like 300 plus flashes and it still goes strong, of course the HDMI port is a bit flaky but that is normal.
So do not be warn, its normal that to happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you sound like you want to be the official durability tester of khadas products… :laughing:

1 Like

LOL na no way, i already have to much work :slight_smile: