[ROM] SC VIM3L Pie “Normal” Debug Build v5 20211122

No problem…, you already did the job of testing it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey SuperCeleron
Thanks for the great work on smooth ROM

I am curious if you use the Khadas official Uboot source? I am asking because their GO version seems to have more resolutions available but also is lacking some key android features i need for my project. I am VERY familiar with building kernel source and if I can build uboot separate against the device properties for this device to enable more resolutions that was essentially my goal.
If Android doesnt handle resolutions in the uboot image then i will keep hunting :wink:

yes i use khadas official, with some little changes i did to best fit my needs.
Anyway, last time i have “sync” my stuff with khadas tree was like 2,5 months ago, i know they added a few more stuff to uboot, but i still need to check it.

1 Like

looking deeper it appears to be in their kernel source called out in
arch/arm/cpu/armv8/g12a(b)/hdmitx20/***

I tried to pull down their kernel build locally and flash over your rom but I got no logcat no kmsg and no boot :frowning:

This patch is the part I am missing on your ROM

Are you running just patched version of their source or did you pull down the device into AOSP official code?

ye i know, you have to wait until a merge all the changes with mine and then do a build.
I do not know how long, since im busy with work.

2 Likes

I have gotten normal AOSP not khadas source compiled for this board and it is working how I wanted. I will use that until your update thank you so much for your time

i already merged it last night, just need to fix some merge conflicts.

3 Likes

Hi there guys, im sorry i still did not rls my build i have it like 90% done, just lack time this past month to do any more work on it, very busy with work at this moment. ( @Robert knows what i have been working to be so busy, maybe he can show you guys if he has the time!)
I did test one of the issues that was the khadas touchscreen not working ok, now it works just fine… but i can’t do more test on it, one of my kids when i was testing pull the screen and rip off the ribbon cable (ouch…) ye i know… lol
Anyway just to give some news to you guys.

4 Likes

Yer Coffee beach time, living the dream (he wishes) all in good time as always…Hard worker indeed., :+1:

2 Likes

LOL, you are bad lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Updated 1º post with a very late build i should done for VIM3L long a go… lol
More to come next days for vim1/vim2 and vim3.

3 Likes

@superceleron

Will you be compiling an AOSP build from the Android 11 source code at all?

Thanx

Sorry but no, i do not have the time to do all changes clean on a new sdk, i hardly have the time this days to do this ones. (this one for vim3l took 10 months… ye!)
And AOSP does need lots of changes.

Sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

Understand and thank you!

Updated 1º post with newer build.
From now on i will not supply USER builds!
Sorry to much to do and no time to do it all!

1 Like