[ROM] Khadas VIM2 - SCV3 Beta ("Normal" Android)

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
Must of the changes where under the hood

ORIGINAL THREAD IN FreakTab: Press Here

I REALLY RECOMMEND ADDING A HEATSINK TO THE CPU!!!

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!

UPDATE ARE - SCV1 (IMG) -> SCV3 (OTA) - IF YOU ARE ON ANY SCVV1*/SCV2 IT WILL UPDATE JUST FINE TO THIS ONE!

Changelog V3 Cumulative OTA:

• Fixed passthrough in Kodi 17, SPMC 17, FTMC 17, maybe others… (DTS, DTS-HD etc…)
  • Updated Youtube APP to 2.01.04
  • Fixed UI crashes
  • Some UI changes:
    • organized the icons on status bar dropdown.
    • fixed and screenshot function on navigation bar
    • removed led control from navigation bar
    • Fixed and added back power button in navigation bar
  • Some video optimizations ( tested in two different’s online ISP’s TV and both give HD streams just fine )
  • Other little stuff…

Bugs V3 OTA:

• Same as V1
  • And more i guess.

Changelog V2 OTA:

• Fixed Some launchers not working (Nova Launcher…)
  • Fixed gamepads keys
  • Enabled Multiusers ( Max 3 )
  • Enabled round icons, if the apps supports it.
  • Other little stuff… crash fixes etc…
  • THE 1º BOOT AFTER THIS UPDATE TAKE A BIT LONGER, AFTER THAT IT GOES TO NORMAL AGAIN, SO WAIT FOR THE BOOT TO FINISH!

Bugs V2 OTA:

• Same as V1…

Changelog V1A OTA:

• Removed the hard locked launcher, so you guys can now choose your own launcher.
  • Added lighthome launcher, so now theirs 2 on the rom.
  • Fixed a nasty(my fault lol) AMCODEC bug in FTMC Krypton(to be rls) and SPMC krypton(is NOT the 16.8rc1…) and possible others.

Bugs V1A OTA:

• Same as V1

Changelog V1:

• 55% based on stock
  • Big optimization, is really fast now and i mean fast… you will see it!
  • Navigation should be smooth as silk and fast.
  • New Boot Logo, many thks to danielelek90 for the great work
  • Custom Wetek WebOs launcher (Many thks to wetek for let me use it)
    • Menu Button is king on this launcher, its used to add remove icons on the main screen, also to remove widgets.
    • Long press on the default icons on desktop you can change them to other apps (White Logos…)
    • Long press on the icons you add to the deskop and you can rearrange them.
    • Bing Pic of the day background.
  • Netflix, youtube, playstore…etc… fully working
  • 4k Youtube support.
  • initd.d support.
  • PS3/PS4 gamepad support ( only with cable… )
  • Added Xbox360/XboxOne gamepad support ( cable, wireless and Bluetooth )
  • Added Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
  • Added upper and lower bars ( status bar and navigation bar )
  • Added Status and Navigation’s bar’s auto hide!
  • Removed supersu app ( See bugs section )
  • Wifi range and connection speed should be a little better.
  • Permissions fixed. ( lots… )
  • Many KL’s added.
  • Fixed AMCODEC playback.
  • Some audio mods.
  • FTMC Build 30
  • Added Android TV screensaver ( default 5 min )
  • Added a setupwizard.
  • Optimized some animation stuff!
  • And a lot of other stuff that i dont remember now! ( ye ye i know i need to make notes… )

Bugs V1:

• In youtube app when you search if it ask to access you microphone deny it or else it will crash.
  • Removed superuser app to avoid bootloop’s if anyone by mistake updates the su binary… i will fix that in a next build!
  • No TWRP for now, im having some weird issues with it… so that is going to take more time… sorry no Magisk install of course because of that
  • Possible a lot more!

Want to buy me a beer?

Download SCV3 Cumulative OTA:

Download SCV1 IMG:

Install instructions:

• Use usb burning tool for the IMG
  • Use recovery for the OTA…

Where to buy:

1º BOOT MAY TAKE +/- 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it :smile:

8 Likes

Updated 1º post with SCV1A OTA.
Use the internal update app to flash it, or boot to recovery to flash it!

SCV2 OTA coming today or tomorrow…

Updated 1º post with SCV2 OTA…

1 Like

When will we have scv2 for vim1 ?

SCV2 OTA in and looking good. VIM2 is performing with alacrity. Still giving it the run through, very encouraging so far.
For the curious, VIM1 remote working good on the VIM2, all functions.

Thanks superceleron for another excellent ROM.

When i have a free time to do it.
I have a lot of other boxes to maintain/do!
Dont worry i will do it, but now i have other stuff in front of it.

Updated 1º post with SCV3 Cumulative OTA…

2 Likes

I would like to buy game controllers for your android version and was wondering if I did buy xbox 360 controllers can I connect them directly with the buit in wireless or would I still need to buy a wireless receiver to connect them.

I have just bought the Khadas standard remote and the mouse button doesn’t bring up the pointer but all the other buttons work fine. Would appreciate any help how to fix this.

hmm i need to test it here!

Hi superceleron

Did you get a chance to test it, because I need to know if it’s the OS or if the remote is faulty so I can return it and get another remote. Many Thanks!

No sorry i still dint had the time, i will see if i have tomorrow!

Thank you for having a look, also can you check the power button on the remote it restarts the OS but I would like it to shutdown OS only. I have also set shutdown in powerkey definition in settings but it still restarts. much appreciated.

Hello, I am running SCV3 Beta(Normal Android). I have the remote pictured below(except mine is orange, same remote). Power key default is short press to sleep, long press to bring up power dialog window.

All Powerkey definition settings work as expected, except shutdown. As you have experienced, when set to shutdown, the VIM2 powers off briefly, then reboots.

Long pressing the Recent apps button(between the volume buttons) switches to mouse mode. Long press again returns to normal.

Thks @RDFTKV for checking it out :wink:

Hi RDFTKV

I have the standard remote pictured below everything you mentioned works but shutdown doesn’t work same as you.

Long pressing, double clicking or short pressing dedicated mouse button doesn’t bring up the mouse I have tried everything.

Please could anybody else who has got the same remote as me and using the same ROM confirm if they have the same problem, as I am not sure if I should return the remote within the 14 days return policy. Many Thanks.

hoo that remote, i dont have it so i bet is missing some keys functions in my rom!

Is there anyway to find and add those key functions. Its only the mouse button and the power button shutdown that doesn’t work. Every other button work so far as I know.