Build vim2 firmware including root support

They were made for the VIM2, why woudn’t it ?

Can you Oreo from the same coder

Can you get Oreo for the vim2 from the same guy

This is a message for RDFTKV the guy for the custom rom as not got back to us can you contact him for us and find out how to get the icons like Wi-Fi and Ethernet icon on the upper status bar

I am not sure he has a Oreo build,
an SDK for Oreo never came…
it was a direct jump from Nougat to Pie…

I think he has Android and ATV versions based on Android 7. See here for ATV. See here for Normal Android.

I recommend carefully reading his posts on those to avoid possible difficulty.

As to contacting superceleron, I “@” him above. He will get a notification and likely reply when time permits. As I understand it, he is currently very busy with his professional work. It could be a bit before he has time to reply, patience may be needed.

1 Like

I’ve gone back to nougat I think this works much better I find in the custom rom userdebug scrolling didn’t work properly copy and paste didn’t work and trying to download apks the whole thing would crash I think there is definitely bug in it, now nougat works perfect like you said he’s going bring out another custom rom that’s going to be better than this version hopefully soon

You ain’t it’s rebooted again I’ve had enough I think it’s damaged because I thought I fixed by replacing the image it’s just reset or reboot I’ve been in contact with khadas

I am sorry to hear that. Hope you get it resolved.
Please keep us posted.

Khadas Abby as got back to me but they want us to shoot a video thing is I don’t know when it’s going to restart or reboot this is so frustrating I’ve told them the only proof I’ve got is explaining to you but this has been happening since beginning of the year

What do you think it could be that’s causing the vim2 to reboot constantly I thought I’d fixed it because wasn’t doing it until yesterday it restarted again I’ve tried to google it to see what is causing this I couldn’t find anything but when I think I’ve flashed the firmware I’ve factory reset I couldn’t change the plug because it doesn’t work with any other plug it only works with khadas plug

Hard for me to know the cause from here. It has all the earmarks of a power starvation issue, however, it could literally be anything. Since others are not reporting this, I assume the firmware is not the cause. It is possible physical damage has occurred to a critical component, would not be my first guess. However, if I recall correctly, you said you ran the board with no heatsink and/or fan for quite a while, it is possible thermal stress has affected the CPU or other heat sensitive component.
Perhaps try powering the VIM2 through one of the other power inputs as seen here. I know you have confidence in the power supply you are using, but if you have a suitable substitute, please give it a try.

What type of male to male usb cable have I got to look out for any type plus what said no one has reported this issue I’m having bad luck lately I’m waiting for Abby khadas to back to us I need them to replace it I think it’s definitely faulty vim2

USB-A Male to USB-A male cables are generally wired straight thru, that is, Pin1 to Pin1, Pin2 to Pin2, Pin3 to Pin3 and Pin4 to Pin4.
This type of cable is often used to flash TV boxes that have only USB-A ports.

Sorry to here about the bad luck, hopefully it will turn around soon.

I’ve noticed something else my vim2 is 64gb 4g Max it came in a transparent box but the one khadas sales now is different to mine this is the new one Max is 64gb 3g Max and just comes on it’s own

That was with the kit thingy when it was sold back in Gearbest iirc…

I bought a transparent case I’m going to connect the heatsink and fan my question is where do put the thermal paste on the board I’m going to try this out I’m hoping I’m not going to mess this up can you show us in detail

Your heatsink should have come with a thermal pad. That thermal pad should cover the CPU. The following video is for the VIM1, but very similar to the VIM2 in this way.
To mount the heatsink…

Heatsink components…

To mount the fan…

If you have the metal plate…

I’ve these videos do you put the thermal pad on the CPU

It needs to cover the area shown here, labeled CPU. It is OK if it covers other components, but the CPU needs complete coverage.