Overclocking method

we tried to change the operating table and recompiling the DTB but A311D wouldn’t boot with the changed operating table…

It seems that amlogic has locked overclocking

I know for sure that on Android you can set the maximum frequency for all cores, in continuous operation

that will be still 2.2 Ghz on big cores and 1.8Ghz on little cores… you can’t overclock them

How is that possible, can we increase the limit
of max freq. ?

quite right, to be honest, I have not heard that on devices of this type overclocked the processor and RAM

Anyway for overclocking, if we now that it is possible it just a matter of tweaking the software to make it Work

RAM clock increase might be possible, provided that the board traces support it…

Processor overclock seems to be locked as far as I have tested, changing the max frequency in DTB will resulted in boot failure

maybe first you need bios uefi, and then try with overclocking? :rofl:

1 Like

really,
:neutral_face:
:neutral_face:
:laughing:

i explained this sometime ago, you cant overclock the cpu since its locked in the hw blobs and that is not public available.
The ram can be overclocked, but what’s the point… the difference is going to make it’s not that big, been there done that!

1 Like

well @superceleron can you tell me how to do that because my project involves a lot of memory usage (getting data and writing) how do I overclock it , and by the way what is the stock Ram frequency

check uboot code, all you need is there.
ram is working at 3200mhz

Hi Superceleron, if my memory serves me, then you have a test vim3 with memory from Samsung, maybe there will be differences

@superceleron I have Sk hynix memory, what is the max memory frequency that is possible ?
by the way can I get some basic steps to overclock the memory, by UBOOT where is it present ?

Both hynix and samsung as the same freq. what changes is some timings.

bootloader/uboot/board/khadas/kvim3/firmware/timing.c

@superceleron have you tried this, what amount of success did you get , how much improvement
can you tell me some ways to optimally change the timing

like i said, no much improvement… also it will become more unstable.
But i only did a small increase from 1608 to 1684.

3 Likes

thanks @superceleron ,
i really appreciate the help you have given me, its just that it would be nice to make more use of all that processing power. but anyhow thanks by the way.

1 Like

I dont think i need to overclock any of my Android boxes, i do have alot of cooling on most of them with larger heatsinks and fans, all i want is them to run full boar all the time. Since they are plugged in and using A/C power no need to conserve “battery” i dont see the need to constantly throttle these things up and down.

I get the idea for phones and its a good way to conserve power but im more interested in max performance with these plugged in boxes, or atleast let me decide.

1 Like

If you’ve got enough cooling on them then they don’t throttle - run mine 24*7 at max load (crypto mining) with no throttle