Little Disapointed running coreelec

Hi,
It would be more honest to reimburse those who feel they have been cheated in this matter. If you don’t, you could damage your reputation… Imagine your loyal customers having waited more than a year, for nothing in the end. After buying the most expensive card on the market… it hurts… At least offer a swap for a card that works properly on audio. Or a big discount for those who can provide you with a valid VIM4 serial number. Please act. That you put pressure with Amlogic is normal, but we with Khadas are normal too…

Hello @David_T @maff76

We are still pushing Amlogic to fix this issue, and they already promised to fix it, please wait…
If still can’t fix this time, we will give you guys some reimburse.

Hi,
Thank you very much, knowing that I have 2 Vim4s, I am partially reassured. However, at what point can we consider that the promise will not be kept and claim a refund? I’m willing to wait until Christmas, it will have been 1 year since this topic was opened. But then I have to move forward with my projects and therefore obtain a functional multimedia box for audio. Thank you for your seriousness and I hope for you and the community that you will win your case with Amlogic.

1 Like

looks that no hope for this year :frowning:

1 Like

No further updates on this?

1 Like

Hello @ollet @PaulZH

Sorry, still not working, actually we get a new version of kernel, but still not working, we are still pushing Amlogic to fix this bug.

1 Like

Hi Numbqq,
Still no VIM 5 (Amlogic S928X) planned? (In addition to being very fast, the latter handles all audio and video formats without problem, even Dolby vision). A big promotion on the VIM 5 intended for VIM 4 owners who have been waiting all this time would be an honest gesture… It’s nice to dream.

Unless you would prefer to turn away from Amlogic following this experience, which I can understand. But unfortunately, I don’t know of such a versatile low-consumption alternative.

1 Like

Hello @David_T

First of all, sorry again for the TureHD audio passthrough issue on VIM4, we are still pushing them to fix it on VIM4.

About the VIM5 we already have plan in this year, but it is not based on S928X.

1 Like

Ok, Realtek, Rockchip, or something else? I imagine that you do not want to reveal before the time the solution you plan to adopt. Will this solution support as many video/audio formats as the S928x? Will it be at least as powerful in terms of graphics power as the Amlogic A311D2 SBC?

Will there be the same rapprochement with Core Elec, as when VIM 4 was launched, with the Oowow system hosting the latest version of CE? Will the Vim5 this time have a suitable case for its release?

To be clear, I’m really hesitant between remaining faithful to you, or switching to a competing solution equipped with this S928x

Hello @David_T

Sorry, we still can’t provide more information at this moment.

1 Like

I understand, when can we expect to know more?

The really disgusting thing here is that they didn’t just disable playback of Dolby content, they intentionally broke all high resolution audio.

Dolby Vision licensing I get - it sucks and is end-to-end licensed - but disabling basic audio functionality on the premise of some sort of licensing issue really is a bridge too far.

We’re not asking for on-device decoding of proprietary codecs here, just to be able to send standard audio bits (ie - for them to remove the dodgy hack from their driver blobs that breaks hires audio).

1 Like

strange is that dolby atmos works if atmos is on dolby+ stream

1 Like

Hello @David_T @ollet @luckylukz @pdffs @PaulZH

We have uploaded a new CoreELEC image which supports TureHD passthrough, you can install it online with oowow, could you check on your side?

The image is vim4-coreelec-amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-omega_devel_20240122114701-test-only.img.xz.

Passthrough setup like below:

5 Likes

Thanks for following this up.
Will have a look next weekend.

Paul

1 Like

Preliminary results look good - I can see TrueHD delivered to my receiver.

Will test audio formats after I get everything setup again, but thank you for continuing to chase this down, looks like we might finally have fully functional audio.

1 Like

Confirmed that both TrueHD and DTS-HD.MA work as expected, however this image has some problems, e.g. script.module.pil seems to be missing most of its binaries, which breaks a number of addons (anything that does image manipulation), themes, etc.

1 Like

This will be fixed shortly as there’s a fix already upstream. This is a test image intended for and focused on audio problems.

2 Likes

Understood, audio is definitely improved.

Unfortunately this image also fails to display any output after the display is turned off/on. As much as I’d like working audio, this doesn’t appear to be functional enough as a daily driver, will have to go back to the old version until this stabilizes.

1 Like

Thanks, working with my Anthem receiver.

1 Like