Little Disapointed running coreelec

HI there

I purchased a VIM4 to hopefully use with coreelec as advertised but it is a little disapointing so far, i know not your fault but the Audio driver doesn’t seem to be able to do HD audio passthrough(although i would say by now this is an expected feature and should be working before advertised to work with something) coreelec say this is a driver bug, but unable to see/find if there is any progress on it being fixed by Amlogic.

And not having an onboard IR sensor i think was a mistake as i am unable to wake the box up via a usb keyboard or usb MCE remote/dongle, unsure if power to usb is supplied when the device goes to sleep but nothing seems to wake it

hope can help with some news or info about these small but show stopping issues

3 Likes

About this issue, we will try to fix.

USB keyboard also can’t wake up the device?

For current CE is an early version, we will update the new version next week, it may have some improment.

2 Likes

Audio is a very complex issue in Kodi, see here, here and here.

Additionally Amlogic is being uncooperative. As an end user, feel free to reach out to Amlogic and put some pressure on them.

1 Like

Hi numbbq

Any news on the audio driver for HD pass through?

Amlogic so far have ignored all attempts at contacting them

2 Likes

Hello @maff76

Still work in progress will update here if we have some improgress.

2 Likes

I hope Santa will be generous :pray:
#Atmos

2 Likes

Santa Claus forgot us :frowning:

More seriously, I wish you good luck for this work. I send you strength. Happy end of the year to 2022 to you. :v:

1 Like

I messaged Amlogic. Waiting for a response.

1 Like

Have messaged them once a week and no reply so don’t hold your breath

I have sold my device on but checking in now and then as would buy another if this gets fixed, I also continue to recommend other devices

I feel this will never be fixed by amlogic as they don’t care about us

2 Likes

It would be a really big disappointment if it didn’t move for HD audio. In 2023 anyway, a box at this price. :frowning:

And regarding Dolby Vision, do you know if there is a chance ?

1 Like

i’ve no idea if HD audio works in android and no desire to find out, but we are using the box outside of how amlogic intended, my issue is Khadas advertises coreelec as working with the VIM4 when it cleary doesn’t work as you would expect and no warning on the product page to say there is an issue with HD audio, i sold my device at a loss but i wasn’t prepared to loose even more by holding my breath and waiting for this to be fixed

2 Likes

I understand and I hesitate to do the same in the face of the lack of reassuring communication on this subject. :frowning:

I let another two months go by.

1 Like

Hello @maff76 @David_T

Sorry for the issues of HD audio passthrough, we are pushing Amlogic to fix this issue, could you tell me which format of audio doesn’t work on your side?

1 Like

TrueHD, Master Audio, DTS HD, Dolby Atmos

1 Like

DTS-HD, DTS-X, TrueHD, Dolby Atmos

Hello @maff76 @luckylukz @David_T

We will try to fix this issue and will update status here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @maff76 @luckylukz @David_T

We will try to fix this issue and will update status here.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks ! We cross our fingers and wish you good luck.

Yeah remote power on would be a great feature to add, I have a usb wireless keyboard\mouse combo with a dedicated power button, turns it off after 5-10 seconds but won’t turn it back on, kind of annoying to have to walk over to it each time to push the button when everything else is on at the push of a remote.

2 months and no update!!!

1 Like