LibreELEC for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 (SD & USB & eMMC)

1. Everyone chooses for himself what systems to use it. No one is forcing you to use LibreELEC.
  2. This topic is about my build LE.
  3. If you have something specific to write about my LE build, you can write in this thread.
  4. If you want to advertise CE - create a new topic and there can write what she wants.
  5. If you want to discuss CE-create your own theme and there you can write whatever you want. On this, the debate about CE in this topic are closed.

The run system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE and Armbian. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems.

To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file “uEnv.ini” (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

To start the system from external media, you must use a universal multi-boot. This variant of multiboot system is fully compatible with Armbian Altlinux etc systems for TV boxes.

activated the multi-boot mode

Keys Mode (U-Boot is Running Normally)

1. Power on VIM.
  2. Long press the POWER key without releasing it.
  3. Short press the ‘Reset’ key and release it.
  4. Count for 2 to 3 seconds, then release the POWER key to enter into Upgrade Mode. You will see the sys-led turn ON when you’ve entered Upgrade Mode.
5 Likes

The new version of the LE 20190911.
Fixed colors for S912.
Added modules for USB WiFi.

1 Like

The new image version 20190913

This is the first trial images with KODI-19 and can contain many errors.

2 Likes

Greetings! What version on Yandex disk do you need to choose to download to VIM3? Of the similar ones, there is only LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.80-devel-20190911143414-60568a1-s922x.img. Thank!

1 Like

Would love to try and test it for you.

Hi guys! In this video, I tested Libreelec on VIM3 Pro. Have questions. It was cool! https://youtu.be/OOthco5sDkY

2 Likes

@balbes150
As VIM2 Pro user I can’t use mainline Linux kernel, because of unsupported Wi-Fi adapter.
So I’m searching USB Wi-Fi adapter with AC support. Any suggestions?
Do you know if Archer T2U Nano (2357:011e) will work out of the box? Is it possible to install this https://github.com/jeremyb31/rtl8812au-1 driver to LibreELEC?
Thank you!

The latest versions of Libreelec (20191216) and Armbian already have support for built-in WiFi in the main core.

2 Likes

I installed 20191220 LibreELEC build from here on an SD and popped into my Vim2 Pro today and successfully achieved 2.4 and 5Ghz Wi-Fi Band connections to home router. Posted about it in LibreELEC forum here Great News! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A new version 20191224 has already been released. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. What’s about download link? Yandex disk link go bad

All old images have been removed and LibreElec is currently working on some test images which are not publicly available.
For LibreElec you will have to find it from their forum.

1 Like