How to change TS050 Touch Screen resolution and rotate or change orientation in VIM3?

Hi Community,

I am using TS050 Touch Screen for VIM3 Pro and using Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9-20200530.7z OS. By default the screen looks like this:

Weirdly, It uses 1088x1920 resolution on a 1920x1080 resolution screen. I tried all the permutation and combination of the options to change it to Landscape orientation but nothing happens whatever the options is chosen either portrait or left, right. Also, the only resolution available is 1088x1920.

I already use

cvt , gtf and xrandr to rotate or add new mode for 1920x1080 resolution but it apparently throws this error : Failed to get size of gamma for output default.

I saw few threads in khadas forum regarding this issue but they were for HDMI outputs. I’m using MIPI-DSI TP as output so they doesn’t work.

Some of the outputs are shown in pic below:

I hope someone solved this issue before.

Regards

Nope, there is no available fixes yet, but Khadas team is working on it,
I Couldn’t understand why there is this problem on the Amlogic boards, the EDGE boards don’t have this problem

Thanks @Electr1 for your reply. Can Anyone from Khadas solve this issue or could provide any dates to follow up for this issue resolution?

Regards.

yes you could ask the khadas members for more help, but till then your kinda stuck,
Unless you want to get the advice of the community to try to fix it yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CodeLogist try with this . But you need use it with root

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate
echo 2 > /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate
echo 3 > /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate
echo 4 > /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate

1 2 3 4 is a different direction .

1 Like

Thanks. Will try it, and let you know. Should I run it in framebuffer coz i want tl rotate the framebuffer scree too. Amd any way to change resolution of the screen. I’m getting same error mentioned in the post while changing resolution by adding new mode.

Thanks

@Frank, I think these commands would only rotate the framebuffer console but won’t rotate the actual gnome graphical display. How should I rotate that?

Hey @Frank, did you resolve this issue? I couldn’t do it with xrandr, arandr or anything similar. Please reply.

@CodeLogist maybe if you rotated the framebuffer console, you could then try to rotate the display from within the settings panel ?

btw if you don’t mind me asking, why is your cooling fan inverted, isn’t the fan blade hub supposed to be facing up ?

there is a side hole for warm air

I have seen a lot of people putting there Fans inverted so I was quite confused as to why.

The stock fan is designed that way

@Electr1 When I rotate the frame buffer console and come back to desktop mode, the screen goes back to the previous orientation(i.e. orientation shown in above image in the post) and then trying to set the Portrait, Landscape, etc in Display orientation settings doesn’t affect the screen whatsoever. I really need to make it rotate, someone please provide me some resolution.

Regards

so you were able to see the screen in desktop mode for a brief moment ?

I think the main reason for such problem is due to the reason the res. is 1088x1920, when it needs to be 1920x1080, maybe it is something to to do with in the OS itself, maybe the TS050.dtsi needs to be modified

@Electr1 No, If I try to rotate the framebuffer it rotates perfectly and stays in that configuration. But we I come back to my normal desktop mode the rotation does nothing and the screen looks same as the image posted above even if the framebuffer is still rotated.

Please guide me on how to modify it and also where can I find that env.txt file

Regards

Ok @CodeLogist, I may have found the Solution,
I was digging through the dtsi files in fenix and found this,

does it strike a recognition ?, It was the reason that your horizontal and vertical is mixed up,

we will need to build a new image to adjust this though

I believe we will need a bit of help from Khadas for modifying it and to bring it to the correct settings for a horizontal display, @Frank could you help us out a bit.

BTW, Here: https://docs.khadas.com/edge/ConnectLcd.html#4-1-6-Configure-Timing If found this line of code:

clock-frequency = <120000000>;
hactive = <1088>; /* default 1080, but afbdc must 16 align */
hfront-porch = <104>;
hback-porch = <127>;
hsync-len = <4>; /////
vactive = <1920>;
vfront-porch = <4>;
vback-porch = <3>;
vsync-len = <2>; /////
hsync-active = <0>;
vsync-active = <0>;
de-active = <0>;
pixelclk-active = <0>;

here, in hactive = 1088 which is the height shown here on my screen also(see in SS attached in post) and vactive = 1920. should I tweak with it to convert 1088x1920 to 1920x1080?

Bingo, that’s should probably be the one,
but did you see the other parts as well like the v front porch, v back porch and other stuff be careful while modding that stuff

Thanks @Electr1 But where should I find that file? And @Frank can you please guide, should I edit it or it would crash something :upside_down_face: