MIPI camera on Android Pie just giving blueish image in camera app

I don’t have any IR light turned on near the camera. Even in sunlight It gives similar image.

I saw this in the 4.9 linux dts

please note that the "ir_cut_gpio =" has a value assigned to it, I believe ir_cut is enabled when that GPIO is set to high, but please verify it.

Well that is exactly the reason, the Sun emits all kind of radiation, xrays, gamma rays, even IR, (practically everything from the bottom of the spectrum till Microwaves I guess, with very high quantities) which we can’t see, so that’s why you have that blue tinge

Okay, I got that :), but how can I make it look like normal camera image? Any other OS or destro? Any setting or tweak?

Thanks

@CodeLogist I suggest using linux 4.9 focal itself, as it is a bit more easier to tweak the dts files to enable the ir_cut

that 's what I exactly told here :upside_down_face:

Try that and see if the modified dts does the job, don’t forget to compile the dts once its done and replace it with the existing dtb.

But the Ubuntu linux 4.9 doesn’t support screen rotation. I’m using touchscreen which was oriented in portrait mode and I couldn’t rotate it.like here. What I want is a landscape mode in touchscreen, MIPI camera output clear(not blueish tinge), support VIM3. Can you tell me what should I use? Ubuntu not supporting touchscreen rotation and now Android not outputting clear camera Image.

I am getting the Touchscreen soon, so I can tinker with it, I too need landscape (portrait is only useful for things like kiosk and swiping through facebook posts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Please bear with me and I can get the thing working soon.

there is no other OS right now that supports the MIPI devices

Okay that’s good. Best luck working with Touchscreen though :wink: . Didn’t even Manjaro, arch, coreelec ,etc support MIPI camera?

Nope, no chance, for now I guess…

Absolutely No chance for that to support cameras, what would you even be able to do with it ? :crazy_face: you won’t even have the NPU working on it.

I just want to use MIPI camera nicely, for NPU kit I’ll use Ubuntu again, as I can still rotate framebuffer mode

Still, the camera won’t work,

I will try my best to see what I can modify and bring that landscape mode, even if its the last thing do
:metal:

Do you have normal color on Ubuntu?

Yes, on guvcview, I change RGB32 to RGB24 format to see normal color

excellent, on ubuntu you have a problem with screen rotation only?

Oh I didn’t see that part, so I guess I just have to see what I can do to fix rotation

the camera is new, I think it takes some time for it to work correctly with the firmware that you need, of course only Khadas staff can give more information.
I’m sure she is in the process of testing

Okay, So I think @Frank, @Terry or @numbqq could help.

Regards

1 Like

Yes, in Ubuntu its only an issue of screen rotation in kernel 4.9 and then its all good. kernel 5.x supports rotation but not MIPI DSI touchscreen.

1 Like

Every thing has its pluses, but also has minuses :neutral_face:
but we actually are expecting TS050 support in Mainline soon !

1 Like

Hey @Terry, I think I can make an android Camera App to use RGB_888 pixel format which solved this issue of blueish image in Ubuntu in Guvcview. Can you link me to the source code of app khadas used for camera or tell me which pixel format you used for camera app? Will this approach even work?