Forum Activities for Linux Mainline Support?

The reason in QEMU , it works sooooo slow and don’t need to use it. It is better to use a full system image in VirtualBox, there is no such problem when cross-compiling. Or you can build the necessary packages on the VIM1 itself. If necessary, I can upload a ready-made kernel package “tar.gz” (which I built on VIM)

Yes please, that will. Be very helpful.
I see that fs/nfs/nfs4xds.o compiling is only using 1 core.

Yes i read only the using qemu it is very slow

Hello,
I tried building an img for manjaro using manjaro-arm-tool with your file.
I was getting few errors which i reported to strit but also getting a few error which might be related to the arch package.

Here is the link of logs for the built command.
Here is the link of function.sh file of manjaro-arm-tools. added support for kvim1.

I cannot find what I am doing wrong. Please look into it when ever u get little time.

EDIT: Solved this issue.
But was not able to boot. Even after I made label ‘BOOT’ and ‘ROOTFS’

Built IMG here
It is booting into android.

The error when installing the kernel package is not critical, I forgot to fix the installation script (remove the old information that is not needed for the new kernel). Now fix and replace the file on the site. I looked at the image. Rename the file “Image” -> “zImage” and the directory “/dtbs” -> “dtb”. Add boot and ROOTFS tags and the system should start. After that, my Manjaro started. But I am concerned about full employment of the second section, there is absolutely no free space (maybe when you first start the partition will be expanded, but even for the first run need a place to create service files).

I will do this now and test.

Yes I had done that.

I resized it manually before attempting the first boot as in the manjaro-arm-tool it creates partition as per the size of the containers rootfs.

Thanks alot for the help. I should get a bootable manjaro today.

Do you mean that you will upload a new package with these fixes?

Modify these lines in the function.sh file to add the appropriate labels.

mkfs.vfat “${LDEV}p1” 1> /dev/null 2>&1

mkfs.ext4 “${LDEV}p2” 1> /dev/null 2>&1

to

mkfs.vfat -n “BOOT” “${LDEV}p1” 1> /dev/null 2>&1

mkfs.ext4 -F -L ROOTFS “${LDEV}p2” 1> /dev/null 2>&1

After that, you will immediately have the correct marks in the image.

Wow That was smooth,
I had tried mklabel command but it was breaking the whole make partition script. You’re a genius. Thanks alot

Now I’m building a new package, when it’s ready, I’ll replace the files on the site and let you know.

New kernel version on the site.

Thanks.

But will the system not with the older build also?

What does “old build” mean ? This is a tested package to install the new 5.0.2 kernel. This kernel is universal and works on all S9xxx’s (if the correct DTB is specified).

I mean this built. I will try to boot it now with the following changes.

Neither of which do not need to change. This version has already been fixed.

Its booting fine now. Great. I am building an lxqt version now and testing it. Also testing the hardware controllers in minimal.

This you mean you uploaded on the github then I will have to build the updated kernel using that PKGBUILD.

I got it. I will compile it tonight with the updated PKGBUILD, as it takes long time.

Final Update: The build is working on kvim1 :smiley:

1. Updated GIT.
  2. Updated ready-made packages “tar.gz” on yandexdisk.

Great thanks alot.

I am testing minimal built now. Wifi not working?

Install firmware and complete the setup.

The linux-vim1 pkg file which you built right ? It should be installed automatically isnt it ?

I will try to install it manually again and check it.