Forum Activities for Linux Mainline Support?

The results of testing your image.

1. Set the labels BOOT and ROOTFS for the partitions (temporarily you can do this, after recording the image, GParted utility on the PC, where you record the image).
  2. Copy media files kernel uInitrd zImage from a working image Armbian (you can use minimal server image Armbian with core 5.0).
  3. Copy the s905_autoscript script and the settings file uEnv.ini.
  4. Copy / dtb directory from Armbian.
  5. Copy the modules directory for the kernel of Armbian.
  6. Replace the fstab version of Armbian

After these steps you have to start Manjaro. At me it starts, but not completely, writes a number of errors and the system is not completely ready. Maybe it’s the effects of errors described below. I noticed that your second partition (with root) is full of data and there is no free space. You must increase the size of the root partition when you build. Perhaps because of this, it does not get part of the data during the Assembly and therefore the system does not fully start.

I checked your kernel, it does not contain patches, so it does not start. You also have the Initrd file is not processed by the utility MKIMAGE, to get the uInitrd file (need this to work u-boot-2015).

Thanks for your valuable input.
I will look into this tonight and update you.

==> Starting prepare()...
error: patch failed: arch/arm64/Makefile:101
error: arch/arm64/Makefile: patch does not apply
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
Aborting...

Same error when compiling kernel with your patch.
Ur patch mentioned line 79 but now mainline kernel have the same in line 101 so even after changing it is throwing same error.

Make a patch using already changes on the file.

Was able to solve the ‘Makefile’ patch issue but looks like there is some issue with the other patch on head.S file.

AS      arch/arm64/kernel/head.o
arch/arm64/kernel/head.S:50:18: error: operator '&' has no left operand
#if (TEXT_OFFSET & 0xfff) != 0
              ^
arch/arm64/kernel/head.S:54:19: error: operator '>' has no left operand
#elif TEXT_OFFSET > 0x1fffff
               ^
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:367: arch/arm64/kernel/head.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:1043: arch/arm64/kernel] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CC      arch/arm64/kvm/../../../virt/kvm/arm/arch_timer.o

Is this coz of the patch?

I’ll run ArchLinux on VIM1 tomorrow and check the kernel build with patches myself.

Thanks alot for your support. Really appreciate your efforts.

Tried these. the system worked but the it opened everything as armbian. I will give it a try again with manjaro image.

Hey,
Sorry to disturb you, Was just expecting to test arch on vim1 today with your help.

I now check the build of a new kernel. Maybe I can finish it today. (catastrophically not enough free time, a lot of other work).

Ahh i understand.

If you need my time then i can give you my time in basic research and helping you with anything you want me to do. I can be your assistant. :blush:

1 Like

I updated my GIT PKGBUILD, added a new 5.0 kernel variant for Aml s9xxx (test/linux-vim1). You can use it for manjaro test builds. This option is specially adapted for use on the S9xxx platform. Thus, you does not need to change anything in the existing kernel packages of their official GIT ArchLinux.

1 Like

Thats great.

Thanks alot.

It includes all the necessary scripts to activate multi-boot and to start the system. You don’t need to add anything extra to the Manjaro build system. In the future, I can add the installation script to the eMMC (but only after the system is tested and ready for this use case).

I will test it within 2 days for you :wink:
At your service sir. :+1:
I will try to build an image tonight and test it out for 1 days and give you the result.

1 Like

Oh I checked this. I will have to compile it which takes my machine 10 hours.
If you have compiled pkg then can you upload it for me to download? Or else i will have to compile the pkg at night only.

On VIM2, the kernel compilation process takes only 1 hour. You have installed in /etc/makepkg.conf variable to use all cores ?

Yes it was using all cores.

Will put it to compile on my i7 4thr pc and check how long it will take.

You have something wrong with the system or settings on VIM. When starting the kernel build on my VIM1, the build time kernel is about 1.5-2 hours when starting the system from a good SD card (class 10)

Well I am trying it now.

I have i7 with manjaro-arm-tools which uses qemu-arm-static for aarch64 virtualization.

Here is the makepkg.conf

I had put it to compile since an hour now, still going on an the cpu usage is full 4 core and 4thrd.
No idea why it takes hours for me.