Case for the VIM3 and M2X

Welcome! yes, there are some samples for 3D printing
:slightly_smiling_face:

Can you point me in the direction?

I have multiple VIM’s and this is just a project I would like to play around with.

Electr1
can give more information and offer you a suitable option,describe your project

1 Like

Yes I am here :smile:

Hi well basically I use the VIM3L with android TV and an app called Screen Cloud. This is used for remote management of the media played out on the device. I’m interested in adding the 4G mobile connectivity to the box. Currently I have a clear DIY case for the board and would want something I can contain the entire system with the additional board and modem inside. I’ve seen the case at the top of the post with the original M2X boad and ideally would like something to enclose the entire setup inside.

1 Like

@AlexBudd welcome to the community,

Regarding VIM and new M2X, we have this design,

but it need a bit more refining if you want new M2X, also this design calls for a CNC milled bottom plate, so if you like it I can export the model for you

If there is any kind of design you like and want to replicate, please tell i can get you one within an hour, I am quite free right now and will do it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok I see your taste, let me export a simple showcase for you, tell me what extras you would like,

do you want a simple boxy type or something that looks cool and Absract :wink: ?

It will be interesting to see!

Something similar to the DIY case would be good. I can get screws etc for assembly and have access to a 3D printer.

Vladimir it’s the stock DIY case sold with the HTPC kit.

yes, I’m sorry, now I understand

Ok I get you, but the New M2X does not fit inside the DIY case so easily as it goes under the board, can I model something that’s a bit larger ?

Yes, I think he wants it, just to finalize it!

1 Like

Yes of course I understand the board is a little longer. Would be nice to keep the design similar and to keep the heat sync and remote functionality.

Ok Ok :grin:, I am working on it as we speak.

Ok will be back in an hour, I can’t really model based of the DIY case but something similar is possible

Yes, maybe you only need to resize, and leave the appearance?

Ok I just got a model of the VIM3 and New M2X imported, for some reason the holes have some weird spikes, I am not using solidworks so it might influence that,

Ok @AlexBudd here is a little prototype,

we have cutouts for everything, buttons, ports, IR and LEDS, there is plenty of space below, for the M2X accessories, please tell me your thoughts,

1 Like

Looks good can you design a top for the case also? I don’t need access to the GPIO but maybe have a removable slot for anyone in future that may require?