Case for the VIM3 and M2X

Best of all it still is eco-friendly, I made it out of the box the Display came in
:+1::rofl:

hahah you are sick Electr1

1 Like

Hey man, I didn’t even know what to expect :smile:
Desperate times, call for desperate measures, and desperate resources :grin:

That actually looks pretty neat! :smile:

You know, paper is a wonderful material. All you’ve got to do is mess around with the thickness (grade). You can build really durable things out of paper. There are even coatings for waterproofing, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, It is a wonderful material, and and quite cheap too :ok_hand:, and it came for free with the display too.
:grin:

1 Like

I finally got round to printing the case and taking a picture.

Thanks for all the work in designing this.

Original Post (with file): Case for the VIM3 and M2X

9 Likes

wow it looks better real life, thank you for giving me the opportunity to do it for you as well :heart:

1 Like

Can you send us more pictures to gaze upon?, Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it looks very unusual, I like, by the way, what kind of material?

3 Likes

Just standard grey PLA. I’ll take some more pictures tomorrow and send them across. I printed without the SD card slot since it is not required for me with the M2X board being used.

The only thing I would like to look it is a way of covering the three side buttons but still be able to use them.

3 Likes

sd can be useful to you for Krescue, it sometimes helps a lot

1 Like

I don’t really use Krescue since I have had problems when I installed packages from there and tried to dual boot with CoreELEC. Now I just burn directly to the board using the AMLOGIC software connected via USB C.

2 Likes

In any case, everyone does as they feel comfortable, it’s a personal matter, I agree with you
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job @Electr1 and @AlexBudd! I’m very impressed with how your VIM case turned out! It looks very elegant.

Personally, I have this idea of creating a VIM3 MID. Perhaps touchscreen + battery + keyboard. I’m guessing I have to locate a suitable mini USB keyboard to hack. :smile:

6 Likes

Please stop, you have already tempted me too much, I still can’t get anywhere without a printer here
:joy:

1 Like

@tsangyoujun are you interested in something like this :wink:

3 Likes

You know it still worked out really well for Alex.

When you’ve attained the skill of “I can design a practical case, without having a 3D printer next to me”, you have achieved master-level. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yea that looks cute! Is that one of those Blackberry keyboards?

1 Like

I can express my feelings in the words of an Avenger character,

2 Likes

Nope, it is one of those cheap mini keyboards you can find on the market,
you can follow the Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4amBc0Tbw,
I was inspired to make this, in a time where I did not have any sbc’s, and was still tinkering with Microcontrollers

1 Like