Audio player using VIM 3L + Tone board

Yeah true, the virus has created havoc the world over, But good to hear that there is some light at the end of it and Volumio will be ready soon. Will wait for it .

We are working with Khadas on this now and have 2 issues left as work-in-progress for the next few days, so things are going more or less according to plan.
The VIM3L release is going to be really nice, it will also support bluetooth streaming from other devices and have all current Volumio/ myVolumio functionality.

5 Likes

yes i have test it already !
its true ! volumio better better every time

my suggestion
add khadas IR remote control support for VOLUMIO!

its must be easy i have test as

volumio@volumio:~$ apt-get install evtest
#...
volumio@volumio:~$ evtest /dev/input/event1 | grep  -e "value 1"
Event: time 1584078645.170516, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 116 (KEY_POWER), value 1
Event: time 1584078645.975510, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 103 (KEY_UP), value 1
Event: time 1584078646.448859, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 105 (KEY_LEFT), value 1
Event: time 1584078646.846912, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 232 (KEY_REPLY), value 1
Event: time 1584078647.255332, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 106 (KEY_RIGHT), value 1
Event: time 1584078647.790334, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 108 (KEY_DOWN), value 1
Event: time 1584078648.386417, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 158 (KEY_BACK), value 1
Event: time 1584078648.829623, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 139 (KEY_MENU), value 1
Event: time 1584078649.615388, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 114 (KEY_VOLUMEDOWN), value 1
Event: time 1584078650.517274, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 115 (KEY_VOLUMEUP), value 1
Event: time 1584078652.087111, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 102 (KEY_HOME), value 1

when i press MOUSE MODE - gui going to restart

Event: time 1584078781.739550, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 63 (KEY_F5), value 1
5 Likes

This is great new… excited to see the final outcome
Stay Safe !!

Remote control: yes, why not. Volumio supports this, but let’s skip this for the first version.
Several IR remote solutions for other Volumio implementations have been produced, there is even a plugin.
Therefore I need time to figure out what fits the Khadas Remote best: dedicated (looks like it) or based on something existing. Then do the key mapping to player controls.

If it helps, the Geekbox type remote, also used for other boxes like the UT3S or UT3+, have a remote like pictured. Maybe one of those has an existing map.

1 Like

^ this is the upstream remote driver that works with the remote Khadas ships with all VIMs.

2 Likes

yep, that is the one i was looking at, need to map this for volumio.

check prev message Audio player using VIM 3L + Tone board
currently used kernel already properly configured
and u can use it already without addition manipulation
like common uinput device

PS: sure volumio can make it by any ways

Spotify music can be streamed in MP3 format as I use the AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Lossless files I get and I can uplosd the songs to my devices. I can then play them offline on audio players anytime on any audio players.

2 Likes

Wow! Fine!!! Will it ever be possible to buy one?

1 Like

The design looks very nice, for some reason for which I don’t know the first picture reminds me of some kind of robotic puppy dog :thinking:, anyways good job @Ro_Ro cool design

2 Likes

Yes, I thought so too, with two tails. :slightly_smiling_face: I like it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot guys… Yes it does look like a puppy dog begging to be played with…
Although this wasn’t the original intended design form. The original design looked more like a
wedge and was meant to be machined from an Aluminum block and brushed finish. But the machining cost was too high, considering this was a very new project when I had started.
So the cheaper way was to use aluminum sheet punched and bent to form a tray to house the board and an another aluminum external cover.
I wanted an aluminum housing to shield the board and also required to have front window for the IR to pass through and a screen positioned at a comfortable viewing and access angle.
The screen housing will be made from acrylic for now.
But everything is completely stalled because of the Covid lockdowns everywhere. :frowning:

2 Likes

yep, my projects too are stalled because of this lockdown, are you in India, because I feel that lockdown vibe in your words :rofl:

Yes this lockdown is annoying. Yes I am from Bombay, India.

1 Like

Haha, I am from India too, LOL
damn Amazon, says they can’t deliver SD cards and other development commodities
i guess its not “essential” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good to meet you and I feel your pain too. Im hoping for the situation to improve. But I guess this is for the good of everyone, till then once this opens up, I should get my screen housing laser cut and done. one step closer to assembly

1 Like

Well done, All the best

@Ro_Ro BTW are you aware of any 3D printing services in India, would like to know, please tell me :slightly_smiling_face: