Audio player using VIM 3L + Tone board

Yes Imaginarium is one of the oldest at Bombay and India. They are good but a bit expensive. Dividebyzero makes 3D printers but Im not sure if they give printing services because they haven’t replied since they were closed. Although I have quotes from some other guys, but unfortunately they have been much costlier as compared to acrylic. Hence ive decided to make my screen housing from Acrylic. I will let you know bout services in your area.

1 Like

Thanks so much, usually I thought in India there is no way of getting 3d print outsourced and that only if you bought one you could make a 3d print, good to know :smile:

There are, but for some reason they are costly for no reason, may be cause it is a novelty.
To get a rough idea I can get my screen housing from Acrylic at the rate of 360/- + tax. Same compared to 3D printing is 1500 + 1000 for modelling + tax. …Absurd !!

That enclosure rocks! Did you make any progress with this project? I am considering using VIM3L with Volumio but there are builds available only for VIM1,2 and 3, cannot find one for 3L.

Thanks buddy. The project was put on hold for a while, as my Dad had passed away suddenly.
I will be re-starting it.
You can Install the Volumio from the KRescue
see this link

I havent done the installation yet, But I guess the Volumio is suitable for all VIM’s
@hyphop - is that correct?

I will be restarting this project shortly now.

1 Like

Hello, My condolences on your dad, sorry to hear it.
The Volumio image for Krescue is universal for the VIMs. Also, an SD version of Volumio2 for the VIMs exists, see here.

3 Likes

havent done the installation yet, But I guess the Volumio is suitable for all VIM’s
@hyphop - is that correct?

yes - but at same time i cant provide full warranty ! if smbdy have some problems plz goto volumio team support