What are the news. edge ,edge v

Great news, well done on getting both models out of the door! Looking forward to testing a real Edge on the prototype carrier board in our machine. :+1: (Hopefully I’ve designed the dimensions right from your diagrams and it fits!)

Out of curiosity, how have order volumes compared between Edge and Edge V? Obviously Edge has many more IO lines and is better for integrators, but I guess Edge V is much more accessible to makers.

It’d be great if Edge was the board which helped break the broader maker community out of the cramped RPi tradition of 40-pin 2.54mm headers…

PS Did you see you now have competition in the full-rk3399-sbc-in-dimm-format space, so you’re not alone in being frustrated by the limitations of the RPi-style headers?

https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=257

Your one is higher-end/higher-spec though.

3 Likes

Photographed Edge-V v13 today. Will photograph Edge v14 later. Each image takes about 2-3 hours to prepare, depending on the lighting and condition of the board, at that time.

6 Likes

Photographs of the Edge v14 that we’re sending out. :slight_smile:

(will update the website later)

5 Likes

What’s the difference between V13 and V14?

Off the top of my head:

• The x2 LEDs have been shifted to the top (so that they are not obstructed by the heatsink), and will be visible when the Edge is used with a case (not confirmed).
  • We’ve added nice gold rims to the bottom two mounting holes.
  • Fixed the bug with USB-C power priority (when docked with Captain)

@Gouwa can probably add a few more points later.

1 Like
  • The FPC B Connector have been moved a few to the direction of board center.
  • The goldfinger pinouts(only two pins)
  • Change the USB-C0 output current from 0.5A to 1A for AR/VR applications.
2 Likes

Edge boards are still undergoing their aging test. So these have not been sent out yet. Please be patient.

Remember that Edge boards are slightly different from the Edge-V boards (which are more similar to our VIMs) - so they require different testing procedures.

(That Captain v11 has the honour of docking with all the Edge boards)

6 Likes

Yay! Already received the mail confirming the Edge-V is on it’s way. Already impatient to put my hands on it

1 Like

hello
@jgalt91

you have received an email with your tracking number.

So, the cooling fan is not included in the current sending yet and it will be sent later separately?

And how about the heatsink and the power adapter?

Hello @wanthalf, your username is very appropriate.

All available items will be sent to you first, as mentioned here.

The unavailable items are:

• 3705 Cooling Fan
  • TS050 Touchscreen
  • IMX214 13MP Camera

Hello
I received my tracking number.

it’s coming :crazy_face:

1 Like

When will edge be available on taobao?

1 Like

@willow might answer this.

Just receive my khadas edge-v pro package. Android nougat starts nicely. Will try soon Balbes armbian build and the modification of vim diy case.

3 Likes

Can you take a simple video and share to us here :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! But my package went into the third circle . I worry that one empty box will arrive.

Captain v12 and Juice v12 are here :slight_smile:!

Busy day, will post more pictures soon.

4 Likes

Here are a few pictures of the result. It works well and my edge-v is protected in its nice case.

6 Likes

hello

He’s there.

on the other hand it lacks the power cable, I have the block but not the cable.

3 Likes