Vim4 How do I set Screen res higher than 1920

I have a 3840 widescreen monitor but I can only select up to 1920x1080, the HDMI Resolution app as mentioned in the site instruction pages does not exist and I can’t find it in the package manager.

HDMI resolution can be selected in the next version. It will be released in the next week.

thanks for the fast reply, I shall await the next release.

I’m running ubuntu-22.04, and I still can’t find the HDMI Resolution app.

Goto System Settings-> Displays to setup the resolution.

howdy! I can’t get a resolution higher than 1920x1080. With no luck, I’ve fiddled with /boot/uEvnt.txt and kvim4.dt(s).

fb {                                                                                          
    compatible = "amlogic, fb-t7";                                                              
    memory-region = <0x76>;                                                                     
    status = "disabled";                                                                        
    interrupts = <0x00 0xc5 0x01 0x00 0xc2 0x01 0x00 0x52 0x01 0x00 0xd7 0x01>;                 
    interrupt-names = "viu-vsync\0viu2-vsync\0viu3-vsync\0rdma";                                
    display_mode_default = "1080p60hz";                                                         
    scale_mode = <0x01>;                                                                        
    display_size_default = <1920 1080 1920 2160 32>;                                            
    mem_size = <0x800000 0x4000000 0x100000 0x100000 0x100000>;                                 
    4k2k_fb = <1>;                                                                              
    display_device_cnt = <0x02>;                                                                
    logo_addr = "0x3f800000";                                                                   
    mem_alloc = <0x01>;                                                                         
    pxp_mode = <0x00>;                                                                          
    phandle = <0x17c>;                                                                          
  };

Hello @winslowb

Which image you used?

If you use the desktop image, you can goto System Settings-> Displays to setup the resolution.

If you use the server image, you can follow the steps below to create a overlay to setup the resolutions.

Here is an example to setup the resoluion to 4k (3840x2160P60Hz).

1. Create device tree overlay fb.dts with contents below:
$ khadas@Khadas:~$ cat fb.dts 
/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;

/ {
        fragment@3 {
                target = <&drm_subsystem>;

__overlay__ {
                        fbdev_sizes = <3840 2160 3840 4320 32>;
                };
        };
};
  1. Compile to dtbo
$ dtc -@ -I dts fb.dts -O dtb -o fb.dtbo
  1. Copy dtbo to overlay directory
$ sudo cp fb.dtbo /boot/dtb/amlogic/kvim4.dtb.overlays/
  1. Enable fb overlay

Edit /boot/dtb/amlogic/kvim4.dtb.overlay.env to add fb to node fdt_overlays=

$ cat /boot/dtb/amlogic/kvim4.dtb.overlay.env 
fdt_overlays=fb
  1. Save the file and reboot.

Excellent. I’ll give it a shot. I don’t have a 4k monitor but a resolution max of 2560x1440.

I am using the desktop image installed from oowow.

If you use desktop image, you just need to goto System Settings-> Displays to setup the resolution.

Yah, it’s weird, even though I’m using the desktop image,
I’m still unable to get 2560x1440.

Maybe it’s my monitor settings? I’ve not tooled around there as of yet.

Hello @winslowb

Maybe 2560x1440 is not supported now, we are working on it to add more resolutions.

Got it. Maybe this is a good excuse to upgrade my monitor!

I appreciate the help.