VIM3/VIM3L AOSP Android 14.0 Upside Down Cake

I honestly do not know – the building and flash process works as expected, but I keep getting the same boot loop / error -22 as the others.
It’s interesting that the prebuilt version works though, seems likes there is minor difference somewhere in the source code?

I have an update:
I reverted the device.mk and Manifest.xml in device/amlogic/yukawa to the git commit before changing to Manifest version 7 (the changes have been made ~4 weeks ago) and this time, the building works and the VIM3 boots just fine!

I used this commit: Files · ee173288b22c194a2663f05c1d1a917f7c6658eb · BayLibre / amlogic / Android TV / aosp / device / amlogic / yukawa · GitLab

@xiong.zhang could you somehow update the manifest or the instructions to reflect this changes and that people do run into the same problems? For now, I have not investigated myself why the new commit does not work.

Yes, but the super partition you mentioned has less, I verify it, I will compile one and see

I watched this local Device/Amlogic/YUKAWA path. commit ee173288b22c194a2663f05c1d1a917f7c6658eb is the same as you posted. When you can’t compile, is the latest Commit of this path? Submit a new code, and then it will not be compiled

Yes, exactly.
With ee173288b22c194a2663f05c1d1a917f7c6658eb of device/amlogic/yukawa it boots, but with the latest commit it doesn’t. (compiling works for both)

Okay, I will report this issue to BayLibre. Thank you for your support.

They know this problem exists, here are the original words

we are aware about this.
i have multiple fix under dev for TV and to enable mesa3d support,
instability should be fixed during next week.

Thanks @hanuka for figuring that out!!
Thanks xiong.zhang for offering to fix it.

@both, does wifi work with this build?

I assume the 6.1 kernel already has this patch?
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20210301161205.584625576@linuxfoundation.org/

I am using the Vim3 and Wi-Fi doesnt work out of the box for this build. I’ll let you know if I have time to fix it.
But yes, the kernel patch for the VIM3L is in 6.1 already – so that won’t be the problem.

Has anyone installed gapps on this build? If so, how?
Is it possible to sideload gapps?

Hi,
I tried to enable the SPI interface in the kernel, but I get the following bazel-build error:

ERROR: Unable to find drivers/spi/spi-meson-spicc.ko in any of the following directories:
  bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/yukawa-device/yukawa/staging/lib/modules/6.1.25-android14-11-maybe-dirty/kernel
Unable to find drivers/spi/spi-meson-spifc.ko in any of the following directories:
  bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/yukawa-device/yukawa/staging/lib/modules/6.1.25-android14-11-maybe-dirty/kernel
Target //yukawa-device:yukawa_dist failed to build

Does anyone have an idea what can go wrong? (I get the similar errors when enablng other kernel modules e.g., usbserial etc.)

Ok, installed magisk 27 app which I then ran and install magisk gapps module LiteGapps-arm64-14.0-20240223-official.zip. Btw, you can install magisk and then patch the boot.img from the link above (post #1 I believe) and then just flash the magisk patched boot.img via “fastboot flash boot path-to-your-patched-boot-img”. For me a14 booted right up.

Now for the next problem. When starting google play store app i’m constantly getting “this device isn’t play protected certifiied” which is strainge considering the vim3 is suppose to be a google certifified test board???

I installed and ran “device id app” found on play store and yes is was a bitch getting that apk installed on vim3 a14. What it showed was yes I have a android-id but NO GSFID? Any suggestions to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Wondering if you’re having any luck with wife/bluetooth problem. Also, shouldn’t there be some sort of windows mtp driver?

Btm, vim3 a14 file transfer (mtp) doesn’t work in either ubuntu 22.04 or Win 11. Doing any testing with this build would be a lot easier is it did work.

And also, thanks to everyone that help in getting a14 running!

Hi, yes today I could make Wi-Fi work – you need to change minor stuff in the kernel and in the AOSP build:

CONFIG_BCMDHD_FW_PATH="/vendor/firmware/brcm/fw_bcmdhd.bin"

to

CONFIG_BCMDHD_FW_PATH="/vendor/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm4359c0_ag.bin"

and rebuilt the kernel

• In the AOSP source in device/amlogic/yukawa/device.mk, I changed the wifi firmware that is copied:
# BT and Wifi FW
# PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
#     yukawa_brcmfmac4359-sdio.bin \
#     yukawa_brcmfmac4359-sdio.txt \
#     yukawa_brcmfmac4359_vim3l_bin \
#     yukawa_brcmfmac4359_vim3l_txt

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/binaries/bt-wifi-firmware/BCM.hcd:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/firmware/brcm/BCM4359C0.hcd \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/binaries/bt-wifi-firmware/fw_bcm4359c0_ag.bin:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/firmware/brcm/fw_bcm4359c0_ag.bin \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/binaries/bt-wifi-firmware/nvram_ap6359.txt:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/firmware/brcm/nvram.txt

Another update:
To make scrcpy work, add the following lines to device/amlogic/yukawa/manifest.xml:

<hal format="hidl">
        <name>android.hardware.media.omx</name>
        <transport>hwbinder</transport>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <interface>
            <name>IOmx</name>
            <instance>default</instance>
        </interface>
        <interface>
            <name>IOmxStore</name>
            <instance>default</instance>
        </interface>
    </hal>

To OP
If you’re going to compile a new build, PLEASE include gapps core at the very least. The version I installed via magisk is only 72mb.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. add byline on how to register “Device ID”. I’ve been trying for 2 days now an nothing is working so far. All Device ID Changers have failed an anything I’ve tried to register via
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/?pli=1 is not working.

hi

Some how my Scrcpy is not working, I followed all the build and flashing steps mentioned above i am getting the following error on running the scrcpy

scrcpy
scrcpy 2.4 https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
INFO: ADB device found:
INFO: → (usb) C8631471EE84 device ATV_on_yukawa
/usr/local/share/scrcpy/scrcpy-server: 1 file pushed, 0 skipped. 306.2 MB/s (69027 bytes in 0.000s)
[server] INFO: Device: [KHADAS] Android ATV on yukawa (Android 14)
[server] ERROR: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()’ on a null object reference
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method ‘java.lang.Class java.lang.Object.getClass()’ on a null object reference
at com.genymobile.scrcpy.wrappers.DisplayManager.getDisplayInfo(DisplayManager.java:89)
at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Device.(Device.java:73)
at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Server.scrcpy(Server.java:121)
at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Server.internalMain(Server.java:259)
at com.genymobile.scrcpy.Server.main(Server.java:214)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.nativeFinishInit(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeInit.java:359)
ERROR: Server connection failed

Also, I am interested to use WiFi P2P APIs in my application. But I am getting this “onFailure(): WifiP2pManager.BUSY” any particular setting needs to be done or any changes in the build for same??

Hello, some functions of Yukawa may not be fully supported yet. We will update the firmware again in May or June.

Hi, have you tried adding the android.hardware.media.omx driver to device/amlogic/yukawa/manifest.xml to make scrcpy work? (see post above)

yep i tried by adding that, but my device did not boot up. So i figured out by connecting an HDMI monitor my scrcpy worked.