VIM3 Ubuntu Dual Display (TS050 + HDMI)

Hello,

We are currently developing an application for our products on VIM3 and we are in need of a dual display use. We have decided to develop our products on ubuntu and we are currently using vim3-ubuntu-20.04-gnome-linux-4.9-fenix-1.1.2-220930-emmc.img.

I have seen dual display usage at android image and other one with ubuntu on edge board. Is there any image that we can use this feature with VIM3 and ubuntu? Or is it possible to port this feature from edge ubuntu image to VIM3?

When I’m connecting the TS050 there is no way I can switch back to HDMI. If dual display feature is not possible please help me to switch between displays without disconnecting them.

@numbqq , @Frank

1 Like

Hello @atillao

VIM3 Ubuntu image doesn’t support dual displays, it is an issue of driver limitations, and it is impossible to port this feature from Edge to VIM3.

1 Like

Yesterday I found out I could switch to HDMI with disabling mipi from /sys/class/lcd and after that changing the mode to 1080p60Hz. But half of the desktop wasn’t displaying correctly. So this made me think that I could switch between displays? Any recommendations on that?

@numbqq

Hello @atillao

Maybe you can check script /usr/local/bin/hdmi.sh to setup the resolution?

1 Like