VIM3 Android R(11) V210604 Preview Rom Release

Just curious. Are you dropping support for Android 11 and moving on to Android 12? There has been no new rom release for more than 2 months so it would appear you are dropping support for this version. Please let us know asap as it makes no sense for me to invest my time if Android 11 is being dropped for 12.

Thanks for your attention.
Android 11 will be released, and Android 12 will be released later.

For the official release will you stay with android boot image 2 or will you use boot image 3? I also know that with android 12 boot image 4 will be introduced too, but from what I read, 3 and 4 are basically the same.

Is there any kind of timeline here?

Waiting for Google to solve some issues.We’ll release the Rom again.

2 Likes

AOSP 11 or 12 在 VIM3 , 可以使用 PCIE/USB3.0 界面嘛?

android 11 的当前版本以及 androud 11 和 12 的源代码大多只是让它现在工作的基本内容。应该在正式发布完成时添加多路复用器切换。我们都只是在等待这一点。

the current build of android 11 and the source for both androud 11 and 12 is mostly just the basic stuff to get it working right now. the mux switching should be added by the time the official release is finalized. we are all just waiting at this point.

missing libusb0.dll in package https://dl.khadas.com/products/vim3/firmware/Android/fastboot_update.tar.xz

Need install this https://dl.khadas.com/Tools/USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0.zip and copy libusb0.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\libusb0.dll into \fastboot_update\tools\libusb0.dll to fix flash

3 Likes

Anyone know on Android 11, if you remove launcher 3 and use a different launcher, how to activate recents apps menu?
https://cs.android.com/android/platform/superproject/+/master:frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml;l=2721;drc=60faefffe98cb30abad690ccd183ef858bb7d3eb

It seems Google now bundles recents apps menu inside the launchers and it’s not part of the system anymore that can work with any launcher.

Please check the explanation:

<!-- Component name for the activity that will be presenting the Recents UI, which will receive
         special permissions for API related to fetching and presenting recent tasks. The default
         configuration uses Launcehr3QuickStep as default launcher and points to the corresponding
         recents component. When using a different default launcher, change this appropriately or
         use the default systemui implementation: com.android.systemui/.recents.RecentsActivity -->
    <string name="config_recentsComponentName" translatable="false"
            >com.android.launcher3/com.android.quickstep.RecentsActivity</string>

Hi

com.android.launcher3/com.android.quickstep.RecentsActivity
only works if Launcher3 is the default launcher.

The ‘com.android.systemui/.recents.RecentsActivity’ doesn’t work in Android 11 anymore to use the systemui recent apps menu so recents can work with any launcher, only in Android 9 or older.

If you want to use the AndroidTV launcher, it has no built-in recents, so you won’t be able to get any recent apps menu.

In Android 10, you could include this package to get recents with any launcher, but it doesn’t work in Android 11.

Hello, are there any updates as to progress on this. I’ve built different revisions of 11 and 12 with both the 4.9 and 5.4 prebuilt kernels and get screen flashes and occasional device freeze while watching i.e. tiktok or youtube videos. I also can’t find cooling fan control code anywhere obvious.

Do I need to build the kernels or are the modules being worked on for the prebuilts?

Dude, this whole s*** show is a joke. Do you have any idea how many lesser tv boxes are out there already that have A11 TV working? There has been absolutely NO progress reported that I can find. So much for a design box. They’re either broke or going broke.

Install ugoos port on vim3, and forget about all problems with Android (aosp) / Android TV.

you might want to keep in mind the VIM3 was not built to be a TV box.
I think the best way to describe it is an experimenters platform, at least where Android is concerned.

1 Like

Hey! yes, I agree with you, because Khadas is positioning itself more as a board for developers.
However, I would mark it as a universal device for any consumer.:+1:

1 Like

“However, I would mark it as a universal device for any consumer”

I am not sure I would go that far :slight_smile: It seems to fall short of any project core I have tried to use it for so far. Always due to under developed O/S issues.
I sure am impressed with it as far as hardware goes tho. Developers dream for sure.

1 Like

Where can I find the uggos port? And how to install on vim3?

@zonggestsu could you provide the usb download gadget driver for win10 again?now, the link can not be found. thanks