VIM3 and NetFlix

before buying the new VIM3, I would like to know if it will work with NETFLIX in 4K or at least FullHD?

4K requires Widevine L1 certification which VIM3 does not have (certification is per-device and no SBC boards with an open boot environment have it). It is possible to fake being a browser to get 720p and 1080p content (inputstream.adaptive handles this for Kodi) but this is technically violating Netflix TOS and Netflix makes occasional changes that disrupt the methods used. So far the disruptions have only been for a short time, but there’s no guarantee. If you want a guarantee … you have to run the gauntlet of Android ‘box’ devices with L1 certs - look for AndroidTV not AOSP.

3 Likes

I’ll risk buying the Khadas Vim3.
I have been using the Rasberry Pi for years and I want to enjoy the latest S922X processor. Buying a Xiaomi Mibox S would be a step back.
tanks

I dont see on Google Play a Netflix App on Edge-V Edge_Pie_V191227

Khadas does not support Netflix App?

You have to use Netflix 7.12 or lower and manually install it.

To use newer versions, you have to root with Magisk and use the HideProps addon to make your device Google Certified(but this is expected to not work in future anymore)
Make sure you use a mouse or airmouse remote.

You can install CorELEC on a micro-sd card and the Kodi addon.
It works better and for original Netflix content you can also watch it in 1080p quality.

1 Like

You can sideload netflix in android… but since the devices don’t have widevine netflix won’t start

Do you mean Libreelec? officially Coreelec only supports Amlogic
:slightly_smiling_face:
Although this is a vim3 theme
:grin:

Boot the second system from mo123, it works quite well!

yes ,Netflix apps can only be used by certified machines, such as Android TV box