VIM3/3L Google AOSP Coming soon

Hi everyone
i cannot find a topic that helps me how to add boot animation logo in ATV Vim 3/L i have tried the topic which say to ue costumization tools but it havent work at all that would be helpful if you can load details how and what to use thank you keep going guys

More updates:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@zonggestsu I tried to install your build, but I keep getting boot.img is bigger than boot partition,

what steps do you suggest I take when flashing the individual parts of the firmware ? my device was initially loaded with the stock Khadas android build (v200624) to be exact.

thank you

You need to flash the U-Boot that is provided in the zip. The only way i found that does it properly it to use the aml update tool in linux to boot the U-Boot and then flash it in fastboot. I wrote a sh script that should help , though it only works in linux, and all the tools are in the zip too. I haven’t found a way yet to flash the aosp build in windows yet. Tell me if you need any more help

I was flashing my vim3 with my windows PC,
it was able to boot into fastboot, did oem format, and flashed the bootloader, but.
fastboot erase bootenv failed and after that, it never booted into fastboot again (pretty much a soft-brick) :frowning:

Sadly flashing the bootloader from the from fast boot without booting U-Boot fromthe update tool in the aml floder causes the flash to not work properly, and for some reason it was never able to get fastboot abd tools to work right on windows

ah I see, then I’ll have to wait to get the image made into a flashable image by the aml_burn tool
thank you for the help !

1 Like

Plus 1 here man :slight_smile:

I do wish there was a nice burn tool like they have for the RPi these days.

The raspberry-pi-imager-imaging-utility is sweet, makes life so easy when it comes to O/S loading.

Hi guys! Hope you are all doing well. Maybe anyone has ideas on when this might become a stable flashable image?
Thanks

How can I build normal Android without the AndroidTV interface?

At current, at least as far as i can tell, the device mk files only specifies for atv builds and would need to be modified to build a normal android

Yeah, I tried modifying device/amlogic/yukawa/device-common.mk to replace atv_base.mk with something like generic_no_telephony.mk. It successfully built and installed onto the vim3. The screen looks like the standard interface, except there is no launcher or basic apps installed.

Good Morning guys
can you help me i’ve got this eror

**$ lunch yukawa-userdebug | yukawa32-userdebug**
**yukawa32-userdebug: command not found**

You need to choose yukawa-userdebug or yukawa32-userdebug.

• If you want to build 32bit system, try this:
$ lunch yukawa32-userdebug
  • If you want to build 64bit system, try this:
$ lunch yukawa-userdebug
5 Likes

So 64Bit Android on VIM3 is now a thing?

1 Like

yep, source is ready
users can compile themselves,
or wait for the Official build to get released (this will take a while as khadas team is in china, and it will take a while for @Terry to download the source, compile and upload)

if you wait for the official release, sit tight and relax, I’m sure they have it covered :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Time will tell, it is difficult to assess at the moment.
:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

“A while” is such a notional term…

Do you think we talking months or days?

2 Likes

@JustSumDad AOSP support just came now.
I estimate 1 month at most, as you see some developers have already built the firmware, If you wish to try it out, maybe you could ask one of them to share their build backup via krescue (though this isn’t something I really recommend).

I would have made and uploaded the image a while before, but I’m stuck with my windows PC at the moment (its a tad bit sad), hopefully it can be sorted out in a week or two… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You noticed correctly, people who are not sure about anything usually say this.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like