VIM3/3L Google AOSP Coming soon

ONLY FOR THE DEVELOPERS WHO ALWAYS WANNA TRY NEW THINGS OUT!

IT’S STILL NOT STABLE AT THIS TIME AND HOPE WE CAN RELEASE THE STABLE IMAGE OF ANDROID 11 WHEN VERY SOON.

Instructions to build aosp for VIM3L(VIM3 will be a little bit later):

mkdir aosp && cd aosp
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master
repo sync

source ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch yukawa-userdebug
make TARGET_VIM3L=true -jX

The AOSP for VIM3/3L support two different versions Linux kernel and default configuration with linux-4.19. To build with 5.4 kernel do prebuilt below:

make TARGET_VIM3L=true TARGET_KERNEL_USE=5.4 -jX

Some howto can be found here:
https://android.googlesource.com/device/amlogic/yukawa/+/refs/heads/master/sei610/README

Futher documentations(WIP):

let’s us now if any issues you found.

Thanks for the Baylibre team @khilman @narmstrong who are working on VIM3/3L to be supported by Google AOSP offcial :two_hearts:

16 Likes

Just to confirm please, this is a 64 bit O/S right?

I don’t think Andy 11 has a 32bit anymore but I want to ask to make sure :slight_smile:

Thanx

Yes, This should be 64bit, waiting for it to come to the VIM3 too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Should be and will be, they are different things
:point_up:

1 Like

Is there a test image I can download and play with?

I don’t have the linux skilz to make my own.

Thanx

@JustSumDad Its more of Android than linux you have to be familiar with, but similar terminologies apply,
I am currently seeing if it is possible to make a Build script for android, like I previously did with the Fenix script, but as aforementioned, I don’t really know how building android images works :neutral_face:

I was able to build and flash it onto my vim3 with the current google aosp. Now it’s just to get some apps on it to test it more fully.

1 Like

oh, it seemed like the instructions were to build the image in linux then flash it in.
ok.

If you could share the image you created in some way and link it up for a day or so I would love to play with it :slight_smile:

Im also interested in testing it, I’ve been trying to get a build environment and all the sources pulled for days now…if someone has a precompiled image, I would be eternally in their debt.

@JustSumDad, yes you need a Linux host device to build the firmware itself…
but when dealing with the build itself you might need to do some config changes, patches for features etc.
which is “android stuff” but the kernel alone will be somewhat related to linux, so I guess its a mix of both you need to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wasnt able to get the build to run it kept erroring out about 96% through

ok, thanx Electr1 that’s what I was kinda figuring on.

@Sbtoonz, thanx if you get it to boot I would still love to see it. My Vim3 isnt doing much more than a paper weight these days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sorry for the late reply, i zipped up what i last compiled as well as the tools and stuff to flash the rom over. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rOhW3fKnLLA9Bdm8nKHGZJ8BfBhd-ZN6/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Thanx much!

how can this be turned into an IMG file?

Useing the USB Burning Tool V2.2 is the only way I know how to drop an O/S onto my vim3

Thanx!

im not sure how to use the packager, maybe someone else can i will have to look into how the packager works

2 Likes

@zonggestsu I downloaded your firmware, but as @JustSumDad said I don’t think this can be flashed with the amlogic burn tools, I do see that the super.img is the biggest of all the files here, and I presume that to be the main image itself…

I have a sense that rather than using aml burn tool, we can use ADB tools to flash the recovery image and then flash the android image :slightly_smiling_face:
please share your method of flashing,

Thank you!

this isnt a rom to be flashed with the usual aml burn tool, it uses the update utility in the tools folder to flash a different uboot from which you flash the rom files through fastboot

1 Like