VIM3/3L Google AOSP Coming soon

The problem with the instructions on that site is they are all regarding Linux and that is something many of us are very weak on.

I dont want to learn all this linux stuff and risk bricking my device during the learning curve.

1 Like

you can run python on windows

the rest of the commands are purely android based commands any android user would know how to use when rooting / flashing / updating android

@Sbtoonz thanks for sharing that guide,

@JustSumDad don’t get afraid of linux, its not too hard to learn, and anyway there wasn’t anything related to linux there as Sbtoonz said, if your referring to the build kernel, it doesn’t matter, as everything has already been compiled for us, just needs flashing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not so much afraid as I cant be justifying the time investment in learning. I only have so many hours to spend and I try not to put them into things that I may only use once or twice more in my lifetime. I get the basics, I can follow many guides to patch a thing or two in. Got a RTC working on an RPI4 in Raspian the other day :slight_smile: but I am not going to learn python any time soon and every time I get the android toolkit loaded into one of my systems and start working out how to do things with it, I find myself pulled away for a few weeks, forget everything and get no where with it.

1 Like

when? Actually I’m expecting ubuntu XFCE emmc 5.7 or 5.9! Will it come before the year ends?

Yes, I think so :wink:

1 Like

Curious if you were willing to run a build for Vim3L

1 Like

sadly i dont own the vim3l, but i can build it for you if that is what you are asking. it will come however in the form of the separate partitions, the boot loader and some tools that may be necessary for flashing.

2 Likes

That’s fine I am still working out build env issues I got soong to be happy and start the build env but i error out when dealing with some linux include files

I was wanting to test it out on a 3L and see what was working etc

1 Like

here you go. also i have found that using the build environments from lineage and android x86 with the one from google helps to make sure that the build actually works without problems

3 Likes

Can you share your manifest.xml ?

are you talking about to build android, its the google source that is detailed in the beginning on the git labs link.

Good morning guys i am new in this domain can someone help me to learn more about AOSP TV for khadas what are the folder that i can modify and how it works how can i develop ? thanks

Hello @Boudour, if you want to get started with AOSP, I suggest first learning about it from the Android project website, you can start learning from the build series,

you can modify various parts of the firmware like the kernel, with your own custom kernel if you have one, and things like the included apps, custom features, etc.

there are different folders in it which have various files, such as the system, the included binaries etc.

you can explore those different things and come back if you have any other queries,

here is a video guide to learn about how to compile your build and many more:

I hope that helps you and the provided links brings more light about the topic for you,

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks alot @Electr1 for the great guide

2 Likes

Hello! now the most important thing for you to deal with all this :slightly_smiling_face:
good luck to you!

2 Likes

Is there any way to simply build Yukawa Android 10 and have it work with the Vim3? I can build Android 11, but I can’t get OpenGapps to integrate into it since they really have not got their Android 11 stuff ready yet.

I believe Amlogic never released anything for Android 10 for the A311D so I am afraid the answer appears to be no.

1 Like

Well, this Yukawa is a Amlogic DEV board, and there is source for Android 10 for that…all we are doing is using the Yukawa AOSP 11 build on our boards…I’m sure i’m missing something here though…Couldnt I possibly use the A311D hardware bits from 11 and put them into the 10 source?

I don’t think you can traceback the firmware development like that, it could be possible, but don’t quote me on the time it would take :slightly_smiling_face: