VIM2 vs. VIM3L benchmarks?

i don’t understand you at all :upside_down_face:
:thinking:

Just kidding :grin:, I thought the khadas boards having the RK3588 would be called Edge 2 and EdgeV 2,
That’s why I said,

no matter what they are called, most importantly they will be better! although you’re probably right
:grin:

Yes, also most importantly let’s hope I can get a sample to make a nice mini-review on my channel :blush:, My brother said he was interested in directing and film one of my Videos, and he is only 12 years old, I wish to see his best work :grinning:

1 Like

what do you think?

Edge-V 2 Pro RK3588

1 Like

Nice, love the Name, let’s hope Khadas goes with it :smile:

1 Like

Of course not, but it’s the perfect excuse to get another new board :laughing:
There are already some router manufacturers supposedly tinkering with the RK3588 AFAIK, maybe Khadas has one and is keeping it as a secret while developing the new Edge, who knows!

From Khadas Github:

Open Source SBC(Single Board Computer): Amlogic S905X, S912, S905X3, S905D3, S922X, A311D, Rockchip RK3399, RK3588 and more

2 Likes

Thank you, interesting news, but this is some kind of 3 in 1 device, unusual.
:grin:

1 Like

Well everyone said earlier the 912 is junk and outdated but when i use it on the box i have it seems to perform better for me.

When i said benchmarks all of the youtube videos where they review the Vim2 are with no cooling its just the box in that plastic layerd older case with an exspoded chip and most only score around 40K where the 905X3s are around 55-60K so i wonder how the 912 would do with the actual VIM sink and fan if it even fits the VIM2?

IDK all of my boxes perform well with other things i do if it plays the game well. Its the only thing i do on my boxes where i can tell the performance the way the cars look, how smooth the game play is.

IMO that game taxes these boxes pretty good, i dont really have anything else to use to test that i use enough

2 Likes

When i search youtube for reviews of the VIM2 none of them are using any kind of cooling on the processor so i wonder how much better it would do if it had the Khadas sink and fan

All of the VIM3L bench marks have atleast a heatsink on the processor

Is there any sort of head to head comparison of the VIM2 and VIM3L where they both use the same stuff? Power supply, heatsink and fan?

I am not sure @BowerR64, no one has done such a comparison,
they both use the same heatsink fan and cooling, but note the S905D3(VIM3L) is made with 12 nM Fab. so obviously less heat.

Let’s see if someone is interested to do a comparison :wink:

1 Like

@jgalt91 you might want to slow down a bit, and read the specs once more…
the GPU is some thing they call Mali ‘Natt’ GPU, not bifrost, not Valhall, that means, its going to be faster and more powerful :grin:
A totally new GPU, for which only god can tell when we will be able to get the drivers for that :upside_down_face:, the sooner the better,

But heyy… its just speculation not official, so lets hope for the best to happen :slightly_smiling_face:

it’s some kind of hybrid, I still don’t understand what kind of device it is :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me neither, but they can put whatever they want, they better give me proper performance, and I am ready to shell out 200$ from my student-college fund :crazy_face:

1 Like

By the way, x3 is warmer than x2 processor according to information

Yes but X3 is actually a greater step up from the X2, than the X2 from the X,
So I guess package temps are resultant from those higher clocks as well

yes, there is a minimum difference

If the VIM1 was going to receive another update like a v15, I would suggest upgrading the SoC from S905X3 :+1: , assuming it doesn’t reach its End of life by then,

BTW is there any obsolescence statement for the VIM boards ? Regarding production ?
@Gouwa Is there any such info ?

Its not how these boards work, there is no official end of life.
The reason is because they are all designed for embedded devices which could have decades long lifespans and the need to get replacements is a design requirement of the buyer.
If you look at the Raspberry Pi Version 1A is still available for this very reason.

The two requirements an end product manufacturer are high reliability and assurance of supply. As such the VIMs should stay in production for as long as their is a supply chain to be for-filled.

Shoog

1 Like

@shoog I understand that, software support will be given as long as that device still works, like the Rasberry pi 1A, I am asking about physical product production, the VIM1 has already had one upgrade of its components like the RAM was upgraded to a version with higher clock etc.,
As I told that here,