VIM2 vs. VIM3L benchmarks?

But i was mainly talking about the CPU and GPU

oh yes, in that case it does seem a bit weird, never saw such a difference in performance

What about this, are these chips the same as in the cheap android boxes?

Like the cheap ones have a S905X3, but the Khadas boards say S905D3

IDK maybe Asphalt 8 is just optimized to run on the S912 chip because it runs better on the 912 then the S905X3s

Another thing i noticed all the benchmarks ive seen ran the S912 with no heatsink or cooling ive never seen a benchmark with one of those big ass Khadas heatsinks and the fan

All the VIM3L benchmarks ive seen run all the cooling

The S905 is a class of many chipsets, each one with their own differences, the normal, X, X2 and X3 mostly have a performance upgrade with each step, the X3 with the latest and most fastest of its class.
S905D3 is another tier, with better Audio, and that tiny NPU guess.

@BowerR64 Maybe Asphalt 8 is more optimized with higher no. of core ?

I canā€™t understand this part, the VIM2 Bench marked without cooling ?

you asked why vim2 is more expensive than vim3L
:wink:

1 Like

Pay 20$ more to get 10 more Frames while playing a game, sounds like a strategy EA would use :rofl:

Without some form of extra cooling the VIM2 will quickly hit a thermal ceiling which will cause throttling.

Shoog

Iā€™ll go ahead then: 8 cores 8K videoā€¦ I want the RK3588 already :laughing:

2 Likes

Me too @jgalt91 :smile:, The RK3588 sounds like a killer configuration, and I can have a reason to support Rockchip, I am tired of having the ā€˜rk3399ā€™ stuck on the tip of my tounge :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

good point!
:+1::grin:
the question is how he will manifest himself, of course he will be the most productive!
:thinking::grin:

Do you already have 8k content?
:rofl::+1:

1 Like

I hear 8K video is quite large when uncompressed, Atleast a Terabyte for the Movie ā€œinterstellarā€ :upside_down_face:

Yes, a very bold statement!

1.Well, for starters, you need an 8k TV

2.desired content

3.and only then RK3588
:grin:

1 Like

LOL, how much do those TVs cost anyways?, probably more dollars than the no. of gigabytes in that uncompressed 8K movie :crazy_face:

Oh, also 4. you need 6 months of time so the Graphics drivers and stuff are optimized to even play 8K footage :sweat_smile:

So I wouldnā€™t really want that for 8K out of the box, maybe 4K is a bit more optimistic :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

but I already know for sure that Khadas RK3588 will have better than competitors!
:smiling_imp::wink::grin:

@Vladimir.v.v I believe You mean Khadas Edge 2 and EdgeV 2 right :smirk:

no, I mean than other manufacturers of single-board computers

So, No Edge 2 and EdgeV 2 :sob:?