VIM1 stock firmware *Solved*

No i want firmwre that is better then files in download section

I tried the 2 pie files in download section and i lose 10k performance in benchmark

1 Like

Forget the benchmarks, those are artificially simulated performance, real world situation is different…

I try the new and old firmware and i can tell difference in the play of the app

Old firmware was better

Its ok this is lesson for me to learn to back up firmware before i reflash

This is something i should be doing anyway

I need excuse to buy another Khadas SBC :nerd_face: :smiley:

I change the amazon delivery instructions, (slip package into cat door, be very very quiet so wife dont hear)

1 Like

Please don’t start another “My wife restrains me from having fun with my SBC’s” chapter, we have gone through that before on this forum, let’s not deviate here… :grin:

in this case, you need to find the firmware for BowerR64 ,
any ideas?
:slightly_smiling_face:

To late new board is already on order, and another power brick, another DIY case (WITH metal plate) another 150/30/10mm heatsink, heatsink tape,

$90. BACKUP firmware file lol

now watch it wont be the same firmware, the one i have had a rare one off firmware or something

1 Like

maybe sooner or later we will find out what kind of firmware it was
:grin:

You are making a fun of yourself right now,
tell me, you just want another VIM so you are using this as an excuse… :joy:

1 Like

you might be right :+1:

I know 2 things, i know i seen a 316 at the end of the firmware version before i downloaded and flashed the 317 in the files section

#2 the version that came on the VIM1 did NOT have the google scan tool that scans for safe apps that is also on the 317 in the firmware section

Those 2 things i know for sure was not on the stock VIM1 firmware that came with my board

Im pretty sure it was pie but that im a little unsure about, i remember that when it booted the Android boot anumation wasnt the colorful one with the spinning flowers and circle things i believe it was just a slow flashing fade ANDROID but i have so many of these things i might be in a dream?

As I said before ask a khadas staff to check what the device is currently having out of the factory…

I sent a PM to hyphop, they may be to busy with all the new stuff and not really worried about older VIM models

The VIM1 is what 5 year old technology? atleast

Ill figure it out sunday when i get the new board

I joined this forum about the time the VIM1 was released, that will be four years come December of this year. Khadas stated at least five years of support for the VIMs. While they may be busy, they still back the VIM1.

1 Like

RDFTKV,
yes, I have tracked the entire chronology of your stay on this forum, a lot of useful advice from your side!
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Thanks. Unfortunately, I have swung and missed a few times too. :smile:

Time sure flies when your having fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

a lot of your tips have really helped a lot of people!
:point_up::slightly_smiling_face:

Your kind to say it. You’ve done pretty good yourself.

1 Like

When I use search by form, often your posts save me, I even thought at some point that, you are an employee of Khadas
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you! however, I am sure you have a lot of experience behind you!
:+1:

Trust me, Khadas hires employees with much larger brains than mine, a benefit to us all. :laughing:

I am just a casual user with a lasting infatuation for these SBCs. Also I enjoy the comradery here.

Yes, I’m old. :grin:

1 Like