Khadas OpenWrt Vim1
- khadas vim1 - OK
- khadas vim2 - WIP - test mode
- no root password
- wifi ap mode enabled - no password
- lan -> usb0 + wlan0 (usb net + wifi AP) in bridge mode
- wan -> eth0 (dhcp)
- serial console enabled -> ttyAML0
- hdmi output -> tty0
- web interface http://vim.lan or http://172.23.0.1/
firstname.lastname@example.org -p 22or
email@example.com -p 22
LAN ip resolve to local openwrt hosts
172.23.0.1 openwrt.lan vim.lan
- blink led mode started if openwrt was successful loaded
- setup root password and wifi password at fist after installation!
- usb net connection enabled by default in bridge mode with LAN
- if vim device connected by usb cable to your pc u can have network access to LAN via usb-net without any extra configuration
just write image to SD card
Linux - default installation method examples
wget http://SERVER/IMAGE.sd.zip unzip -p IMAGE.sd.zip '*.img' | sudo dd bs=1M of=/dev/YOUR_SD_CARD wget http://SERVER/IMAGE.sd.img.gz gzip -dc IMAGE.sd.img.gz | sudo dd bs=1M of=/dev/YOUR_SD_CARD wget http://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM1/OpenWrt/IMAGE.sd.img.gz -O- | gzip -dc | sudo dd bs=1M of=/dev/YOUR_SD_CARD
NOTE: Remember to replace the words IMAGE and YOUR_SD_CARD, to the correct values in your system.
Another OS (or if previous methods were difficult for you) / Linux - GUI
Use Balena Etcher to burn the OpenWrt image to your SD card or USB f.
Just select the IMAGE.img.gz or IMAGE.img.zip image, and select your SD card as the target. Press burn!
( There is no need to decompress the image )
BOOT from SD card
- Best way is to just boot openwrt from your SD card.
- If your EMMC is empty, openwrt will automatically boot from your SD card.
- Else, Uboot will start from EMMC by default - it can boot from SD card, but only with the proper version and config!
- Power on VIM1.
- Short-circuit the two pads of the M register (back PCB side), and without releasing it… https://docs.khadas.com/images/vim1/MRegister_ShortCircuit.png
- Short press the Reset key, then release it to force boot from SD card
VIM1 v14 (current)
KEY_F (middle button) to force SD bootup!
INSTALL to EMMC (internal storage)
- Write image to SD card.
- Open/mount SD card (OW_BOOT partition) on your PC.
- Activate this script
scripts/install2mmc_from_sd.scriptwhich is stored in the first partition. Rename it from
- Unmount/eject SD card from your PC .
- Insert SD card into VIM1 (TF card slot).
- Power on + force boot from SD card by triple pressing
- Wait for the “remove SD card” message to appear, before ejecting your SD card.
- OK! Well done! EMMC boot will occur automatically.
NOTE: All previous EMMC data will be lost!!!
install to emmc inside openwrt booted from sd
how to Build from sources
## hyphop ##