Vim 3 Alloy Case as found and others

From the side you will needs balance,
getting to buttons but and extended face to hide cables will work

From the Bottom extend the front and side to hide the janky,
All just thinking out loud, :smiley: using your Imagination will get something sweet I am sure…

2 Likes

Yes, I Agree, will work on some creative design and post soon

Since I don’t need to access any of the connections on the other side of the board, I went with your solution.

To bad the other side of the case where that chip pad block is had fins, so the bottom or is it the top (i dont have mine yet) to bad it doesnt have fins milled into the case so that its a case/heatsink

I mean the smooth case still looks great and a big thick chunk of metal works great to dissipate heat but fins even if they arnt really that deep would just dissipate heat faster

@BowerR64 I am working on a case for the VIM3 probably you will have to CNC one out of block aluminium, once I am done I will share the Files :wink:
I can say it is like an armor case and is kind of like what you imagine,

I wish i had a CNC machine, if i did every case i made would look like a car stereo power amp.

Im not into looks or small compact designs i want performance so the case ide build would probably be large enough to fit 2 maybe even 3 of these boards inside one of them. lol :confused:

These are the only cases i can build with the tools i have LOL

Cheesy i know but they work and cool better then the stock cases they came in (because non of them had fans or decent heatsinks)

Left to right: CSA96, u2C, X96 max+, T95Q

5 Likes

Wow, that actually looks good, I am really liking the the T95Q, looks awesome in blue :heart_eyes:

i got my metal case yesterday

now i need another sbc because i have an extra case and nothing to put into it

1 Like

lol, @BowerR64 that’s a very strong step forward in the right direction :wink:, which board do you plan ?

Well i still think the 912 is worthy, even though you guys disagree

Since i already have the VIM3L, the Edge and the VIM3 whats left to get?

lol

I mean what else will fit in the Khadas case?

I wish Khadas released that other case for the Edge V ide rather get that thing but it was just a dream

Yes, I see, you have only Two SBC’s left to complete the entire Khadas Family of SBCs :smile:
You can choose whether bottom up or top down order of buying :wink:

That case is a VIMs case, you could mod it to fit EdgeV too…
you would create the first Metal “DIY case” :rofl:

as far as I understand, are you alluding to vim2??
:slightly_smiling_face:

If the heat pad was a tad longer it would fit all VIM boards not just VIM3

I have my VIM1 in it now but i use copper pad over chip instead of flat gummy bear gel things and only 2/3 of copper pad is touching the heat pad. Then use the rest of gel pad for rom and ram chips

Everything else lines up ok, buttons work, all plugs line up screw holes everything

larger heat pad

2 Likes

Hey, can you please put more picture of the x96 max+ case you made from plexyglass? Or i don’t know what material you used.

@Pinzarufilip its plexiglass (colored acrylic sheet) :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please make some pictures when you have time. I wish to do the same to my x96max. How did you cut them the sheets with such precision?

This user has not appeared on this forum for a long time, you can find him on Freaktab under the same nickname, I saw him there somehow. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for info, i will look for him there.

keep improving :grinning: