USB port malfunction

Do you mean that the USB port is damaged?

Do you mean C135?

Yes thats is my mean. Is there any otherway to confirm that usb ports are damaged or not?

Sir tell me complete method to test the relevant components of usb ports. ?

Hello, Have you tried to connect USB on the GPIO?

Not yet, but i will try soon then i tell u.
Thanks for ur suggestoon. :+1:

Actually, the C135 is not for USB.

If the inner PINs are misplaced, the USB port should not work anymore. Can you ensure again that the if you push the USB device with too much strength and the PINs misplaced?

If so, can you ship your VIM device to us for fixing up?

Good day!

1 Like

Hi sir as u know that my problem about USB ports. After trying USB on GPIO i lost my hope :slightly_frowning_face:
Now i want to send my khadas device to you as u suggest me.
Kindly send me your complete address so that i can send u easily. Then i try to send u soon.
Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Waqas
Pakistan

Sent out, please check.

Good day!

CB039866958PK

Hi Waqas:
What’s this?

Tracking number for return shipping.

1 Like

Did a fix for this issue ever get identified?
Im guessing it is heat related cause the vim1 when playing vids using kodi gets pretty toasty.
I bought my vim before there was a heatsink available for it.

I encountered the same problem right now. Only used it as a thin client running Ubuntu Mate. USB had only a microsoft receiver for a wireless desktop in it and suddenly stopped working. None of the methods to solve the problem above did helped. Checked with many usb devices, lie usb mice, wired and wireless keyboards but none of the usb ports recognized anything…

I have the same problem. 4 USB ports are not working. The reason is the controller hub FE8.1 I already ordered the controller and it will replace the mother Board.

So I just have to order the F8.1 hub and replace it? Thats all i have to do?

Hi @hundsboog
Which version Ubuntu Mate ROM you installed? Have you tried with another ROM?

Can you take a photo on your board and upload to us?

Thanks!

@Gouwa Sure! I hope I can do it the next ours. It was one of the first boards right after release by Gearbest. I only tried it with the newest Ubuntu Mate, after the USB ports were dead (Vim_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.9_V170605). I will try now an android :-), just to be sure!. And upload some fotos.
Greatings from germany!!

1 Like

Sorry for it took so long…