Ubuntu issue creating too much conrast on display

I will try Armbian tonight, sorry it is too hot to go back out there, already had to change my shirt.:grin:

Thank you so much. It works with VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20190719
No more weird colors… But, from the moment it starts the boot of Armbian it loses voltage on its USB ports :slight_smile: Now that too. I’ll try some other images.

Edit: I forgot to change the dtb in env. All works again. Many thanks.

@numbqq It might be something changed in the new builds that gave this result. WIth the older image all seems fine.
I don’t know if this is with everybody the same, or some cases.
@RDFTKV Super thanks. Now I wan’t change anything anymore. I had it all working fine before :slight_smile: I’m very happy to have it working again, will make life easier for me.
And I’ll be able to show what the VIM3 is good for. Performance + low powerconsumption.
Greetings.

1 Like

Glad to help. So you are now good for your Thursday start?

1 Like

Yes I am. Already setting up everything for it. Had my RockPi4 set up this afternoon. But performance is so much worse with that.
So happy with this SoC. Single core and mutli core performance is amazing. And that’s just what I needed.
Greetings.

1 Like

I think this is resolved in the current built. Now I have Ubuntu XFCE 4.9 on eMMC and I was able to boot in Manjaro with 5.3.0-rc5 successfully.

1 Like

Hello @balbes150

You need this patch to fix the color issue for mainline linux with latest u-boot.

https://github.com/khadas/fenix/blob/master/packages/linux-mainline/patches/5.3-rc4/0183-drm-meson-init-g12a-osd2-yuv2rgb-instead-of-osd1.patch

Yes, ths is a patch for mainline kernel to fix this issue. And Oleg should apply this patch.

2 Likes

Run Ubuntu (4.9) from eMMC and display the output of the “mount” command. I looked at the u-boot sources that are now used for build and there is again used the old label for the root system in eMMC (ROOTFS).

This patch is already in the latest images Armbian kernel 5.3.0-rc6

I will do this tonight.

1 Like

I had tried those too.
Armbian_5.94_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_bionic_next_5.3.0-rc6-next-20190827_desktop.img
Armbian_5.94_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_disco_next_5.3.0-rc6-next-20190827_desktop.img
Armbian_5.94_Aml-g12_Ubuntu_bionic_default_5.2.1_desktop_20190821.img

It was the same with all of them. Now it works again with the older xfce image on eMMC.
@balbes150 The 5.3.0-rc6 seemed to have a problem with the cpu scaling driver of the big cores.
In default this works fine.

same for me too. same image install on e-mmc then I was try openelec on mini sd card black color turn to green.

Here is the result from mount on my Vim1 with Latest Ubuntu XFCE on eMMC.

khadas@Khadas:~$ mount
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1010200k,nr_inodes=252550,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=203420k,mode=755)
/dev/rootfs on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro,commit=600,data=writeback)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/schedtune type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,schedtune)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/debug type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,debug)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=26,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=203416k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000)

the rootfs is in lower case now :smiley:
while the USB version have ROOTFS.

Run Ubuntu (4.9) from eMMC and display the output of the “lsblk -fs” command.

Can only be done at night like 8hrs later :frowning: I am away from the board now.
I will post this at night.

Here is the response from the command.

Can you show a screenshot of “gparted” running from Ubuntu with eMMC ?

Yes here

This

So, to fix this I have to either run the 5.3 RC4 which wireless doesn’t work on or flash the eMMC disk, both of which aren’t workable for me. I don’t want to run Android off of the uSD card slot Linux still sucks from it. an other system I have that has eMMC and sd card It works just fine why is so messed up. Khadas need to fix either the 5.3 image or fix the boot issue causing the issue

I had the same problem as Ubuntu issue creating too much conrast on display, Successfully resolved by erasing EMMC (u-boot(?)). Long story short: No LOGO - no problem. Afrer i’ve cropied first 32767 sectors from SD to EMMC (I suppose u-boot is there), the boot logo appeared again, and the problem appeared too.

P.S.
I don’t need android, so it’s not a problem for me.

root@Khadas:~# uname -r
5.5.0-rc2

Is there any update for this fix?

Which Version of the firmware are you using check in the following combinations check if you have one of these causing the problem