Truck dashboard

It is as if this screen was ment to be here?!?!?
After cutting out the middle I had to cut a gap for the screen to sit in. Outside to outside it just about perfect, so I glued back on some of the plastic I cut off to add strength and to add some sides to hold the screen from moving side to side. The entire back comes off so I will be able to mount the screen and still access all the “guts”

Thank all for you for your feed back. This community is great! I will (already have) spread the word about khadas and their products.

1 Like

Your project is coming along nicely. Can hardly wait to see it in operation.

1 Like

$3850 to fix the tranny!!

Sadly it’s going to be a minute.

The fans showed up today. @5v its a .2amp draw

Ouch! A good thing Christmas is already behind you.:laughing:
Does the price of that repair make ya long for an old school turbo-hydramatic or maybe even a rock crusher?

Yeah, .2A will be fine.

1 Like

Yes!!! LoL
Or even the knowledge to it my self. I have a ton of tools and I’m pretty confident in my ability?
But it will be “like new”. I got 250k out of it the first go round, hoping for more than that the second time.

250k on it is only about a penny mile. Not too bad when expessed in those terms.
I think it would not be too technically difficult to do it, but cleanliness is important with hydraulics. If I was the only human for a thousand miles, I might attempt it, otherwise I’ll leave it to someone with experience.

Yep looks cool! But I think to much equipment inside))))

And android its overkill for this simple task

But any way its cool
I like to do same :wink:

1 Like

Not sure how to cut down the amount of stuff inside?
I have an 1988 truck with a 2005 engine in it now with a 21 century dashboard?
I’m not a computer programmer so writing something to do this is outside my wheelhouse. I looked to the free market for my solution. This was the best I could come up with give my limited knowledge on the topic .
I’m completely open to ideas of improvement.

Hello! Is your project just a dashboard? Will he have any other functions?

1 Like

For the moment, yes.
I have a car stereo that runs android auto for everything else.
The input board for the screen does have a VGA input so I could use it as a screen for tunning?
It also has a composite input. I could run a back up camera? But my stereo already does that.

I have seen a company called “Qt” they make some cool software that allows you to create your own 3D layout. Look complicated!
I’m not a programmer so some of this is over my head.
Im just really excited that all the parts are coming together.

This is what I was talking about.
If I could get the VIM3 to boot that fast, it would save me a bunch of headache with “ON/OFF”

The “Torque pro” app does allow you to check and clear and fault codes.

I am doing a similar project now. Distinguish that I replace the standard old display of my Subaru’07 with a full-featured car-pc. If possible, then with the preservation of regular functions. I replaced the 7" 480 * 234 display with 1024 * 600, changed the resistive touchscreen to a capacitive with multi-touch.
https://youtu.be/K0PZqREiNvs
https://youtu.be/85T2F_rrAPA
https://youtu.be/UrnZWbFwVQU
https://youtu.be/OPskPk2Dcos

So I build previous version Android firmware with working GPS for navigation. But the previous version of the android had problems with sound output via bluetooth, and the new firmware version it has compilation errors. I hope the khadas team will fix it in the near.
I have a question for you - how do you plan to power the vim3?

3 Likes

This Tesla Cars use QT for the in-car UI. You can do it too :smiley:

Would love to see something like that.

1 Like

Hi Banana, good looking project. What is the name and model number of the display you are using?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi! Display is BOE HV070WSA-100. Installed in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (P6200,P3100,P3110,P1000,T210,211), Lenovo A5000 and possibly in Huawei mediapad 7. Works with RTD2660-base custom controller.

1 Like

One of these wired to a constant 12v power

Got the fans installed today. Also painted the edges of the screen black.

2 Likes

Put in some work today. Truck is still in the shop, so I have to settle for the kitchen counter for my mock up.
This is about how this will be in my truck. My stereo is a off brand Android unit. It has an auxiliary out and I connected it to the composite in put of the screen in my dash. This will be a cool thing at car shows this summer.
I also found that if I start YouTube, hit the home button, YouTube goes small screen, then I start my gauge app and I have a Picture-N-Picture of sorts. Not wile driving, but maps works just the same. Probably won’t do it as my car stereo will be running Android auto.
Made a piece that fills in under the screen and holds the turn signals,hi beam, and check engine lights. I don’t like the spacing so I will make a new one tomorrow. I have alot of plastic to work with.

6 Likes