Tone2 pro : no device found when update firmware

I want to update the firmware of my tone2 pro, but failed.

Then, the device is not found.

How can I do?

Hi Ellis
Sorry for that, need more info to find the issue, please help me to confirm as below:

• What is the serial number? can check here:
  • What is the PC operating system:Windows, Linux or Mac ?
  • What is the current status:unrecognized before upgrade or unrecognized after upgrade?
  • Is the indicator constantly on or off or always on when power on? Could you help me to take a short video when Tone2 Pro power on?
  • Which operation guideline did you follow to upgrade?
  • In addition, help reconfirm whether the USB cable is OK? :wink:
1 Like
  • What is the serial number? 14A1016C
  • What is the PC operating system:Windows11
  • What is the current status: update firmware failed and then no deviece found
  • Is the indicator constantly on or off or always on when power on? Could you help me to take a short video when Tone2 Pro power on? I can’t upload video. When I connect usb port, the red light and knob green light are keeping on.
  • Which operation guideline did you follow to upgrade? https://dl.khadas.com/products/tone2/manual/tone2pro_user_manual.pdf
  • In addition, help reconfirm whether the USB cable is OK? Yes, I can use it to connect my headphone.

I think this may be a issue with Windows 11, I need to verify it on Windows 11 later. I heard that Windows 11 don’t support XMOS, when it just released, and then the Windows 11 updated it support again. You can also try to update Windows 11, or try to use another computer with Windows 10 upgrade.

I just use another windows 10 pc to connect my tone2 pro.

no device found, too.

In the begining, DFU tool can detect my tone2 pro.

Then I use to DFU to update firmware, but failed.

Then no device found.

I have no ST link tool, what I only have is usb typec port to update firmware.

Khadas audio dashboard and DFU tool can not detect my tone2 pro.

Is there any way to reset, reboot or restore my tone2 pro?

@kenny

Hi Ellis:
Please help to confirm two more info:

• Could you find Tone2 Pro in your PC Device Manager? Or an unrecognized USB device? Does the device manager flash for a while when Tone2 Pro is connect to the PC?
  • Is the Tone2 Pro indicator will change while change the knob?
  • Could you find Tone2 Pro in your PC Device Manager? No, the device manager keep unchanged when I connect my tone2 pro.

• Is the Tone2 Pro indicator will change while change the knob?No, the led light keep unchanged when I press or rotate the knob.

This may be caused by an unexpected power failure during the upgrade of Tone2 Pro.
Generally, when fail in the upgrade process, there will be a mechanism to let the device fall back to the factory firmware version, but it seems that the situation you encounter does not fall back to the factory firmware version. The probability of this happening is extremely low. In this case, the equipment needs to be upgraded through the debugging interface, special tools are required, and the operation is a little troublesome. Our colleagues will contact you later and send Tone2 Pro back. We will update the latest firmware for you and then send it back to you ASAP. sorry for the inconvenience.