Tone2 Pro Bluetooth Modul

+1, its pretty sad

im grateful for the product but i was expecting a little more support

Any updates? It’s been 2 months since the last message about the Bluetooth module.

@Eric68 @Gouwa - are you still working on this? Please let us know. The lack of information is disappointing.

Hi @grulmlurg
Yep, sure thing!

Both we are here to build more niubility products to the market:

The BT Magic module will be ready for sale very soon.

And also sorry for being lack of information :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

What is the board on the left?)

Hope you will add volume control of the device with bt module, so the phone can be remote for it.

1 Like

what is right circuit?

Got the module and started testing it. It’s easy to set up, BT pairing and LDAC playback work great. However I noticed that the output volume (headphones) is much lower compared to USB. I use a pair of Yamaha HPH-MT8. With USB connection and in the high gain setting, I have a reasonable headroom, but with Bluetooth, it just runs out of juice, I’m at max volume most of the time. Note that I don’t apply any negative gain (no EQ or other DSP).

@Gouwa is this a bug? Or is it because the device has to power the BT module, so the output power goes down?

@Eric68 @Gouwa Could you advise on my question? The 3.5mm headphone out has lower volume level on BT that on USB (same gain setting, no DSP in chain).

@grulmlurg we will check here and get back to you in a few days.

Hi@grulmlurg
I want to ask you some quesions.
1、What is the device which you connet toTone2 Pro by USB?
2、What is the device which you connet to BT Magic by Bluetooth?

Hi @Eric68 - to answer your questions:

1. It’s a Windows 10 laptop I use at work (HP ZBook, ~5 years old). I’m plugging the Tone2 Pro to the USB-C power delivery port.

2. LG V40 phone, LDAC connection (Tone2 Pro powered by the same laptop).

I use the same phone with a Topping D70s and there is no drop in volume with LDAC.

Hi
I have measured the voltage under two different conditions.
1、Connect to PC by USB C cable,the operation system is Win11.The result is following below.

2、Connect to OnePlus7 Pro by BT Magic.The reasult is following below.

From the results we can find the voltage of the second result have ineed attenuation than the first one.The reason should be the problem of the bluetooth decoder.

1 Like

Hi Eric, thanks a lot for taking the time and analyzing this issue! Is this something that can be fixed in firmware for example? Or no chance for you to do anything?

Hi
Yes,Topping D70s should have enhanced the bluetooth output signal by harware.We will research how to do it by fixing the firmware.

Hi Eric, any luck with investigating this? Is there a chance it will be resolved soon?

Hi grulmlurg,
We do some test and found that: BT Magic have an issue while play ACC mode, the volume will less than other mode, and we have fixup this issue, it need the app for BT Magic to upgrade BT Magic’s firmware. the app is developping, will be release later.

We test one plus phone, test data show as below:

Hi @kenny, has this been implemented? Can you confirm the FW version that has this fix?

Hi Grulmlurg,
Yeah, we have test the FW, but it need app to upgrade BT Magic, and we plan to make the APP to support BT Magic(maybe at the end of Q2 will be release). we have release an APP last year, which just support Tea device.