Tone2 Pro Bluetooth Modul

Hi Khadas Community,

iam a happy Tone2 Pro user and i would like to ask about any updates according to the bluetooth modul, that was announced pre launch. Is there any progress about this or is it even in development anymore?

If i understand it correctly, the bluetooth modul was only build for audio receiving or was it also capable of transmitting?

Iam asking because i hate to use bluetooth headphones / headsets with windows and its bluetooth audio limitations. In homeoffice times i need to use my headset (sony XF 10004 while also using it to hear music between calls. Would be nice if there can be a way to get around the whole audio limitations from windows and stream the audio directly from the dac with ldac support.

2 Likes

Hi @Dominguez
Thanks for ordering the Tone2 Pro.

Yep, we are developing the Bluetooth module for Tone2 and plan to launch it together with our other product, should be sometime early Q4 2021.

Good day!

1 Like

Hi Khadas Team,
How is the Bluetooth module under development connected to tone2 pro? I wonder if it is possible to transmit LDAC by connecting it to a desktop.

Yes, with LDAC feature.

Please, how to buy a bluetooth module for tone2 ???

Hello All,…

Any news about this…

Tone2 Pro I2S Hi-Res. Bluetooth Magic Module ?

any chance to be able to control the dac via bluetooth?

its unbearable with tv because optical cant control volume and tizen sucks so there is no way of controlling volume digitally

Hello All,…

? … Didn’t undrestood …

Any updates on BT module?

Hello @tsoltan,…
Obviously it seems to be a forsaken project…

With Bluetooth Magic Module, it would’ve made a great and unique desktop USB/DAC device as a hifi bluetooth audio transmitter/receiver. Sadly, it seems like it’s forgotten.

Currently in the market the only USB/DAC capable of transmitting LDAC, Aptx-HD and Aptx-LLC bluetooth codecs besides Aptx, AAC and SBC is the Fiio BTA30 Pro which is compatible with Linux, mac and Win10 besides android and IOS.

BTA30 Pro works beautifully with Vim3 Pro and Edge-V Pro running TwisterOS.

Hi All,

Personnaly I uses this product :

Low price / Good Quality

The BT Magic Bluetooth module will be launch together with Tone2.

We are excepted to let users to setup the Knob Configurations to enable/disable some modes over the BT Magic module:

• Volume Mode
  • Track Mode
  • Input Mode
  • Gain Mode
  • Filter Mode

The setup operations will be the App on mobile phone(W.I.P).

2 Likes

Great news. Any information on what bluetooth codecs will be supported for transmitting BT audio(TX)?
Are new Tone2 Pro boards including the BT Magic Bluetooth module from factory?

Awesome - do you have any eta?

Also, would it be possible to control volume via module instead of weel?

For anyone with an Hidizs AP80 laying around, just a friendly reminder that it can be used as a LDAC bluetooth transport ^^

Once the bluetooth modul is attached, we can no longer use external power supply anymore, right?

1 Like

@Gouwa do you have any info for the questions above?

What a shame that khadas ignores tone 2 pro customers. The bt module was scheduled for q4 2021 - now is q2 of 2022 and still no any info exept the picture. No ETA, no technical specs. If the product is abandoned please be honest and said that.
@Gouwa @Eric68 @tsangyoujun - do you have any input as I can see you are responsible for the audio threads?

1 Like